Mid Ohio 2016

RHill

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who have raced at AMA Vintage Days, what else needs to be done aside from registering with WERA?  It wasn't clear if anything further needed to be done.  Shot AMA an email and zero response.

Presume show up at Gate 3, get processed, and head over to the paddock.

Anybody renting a garage that is looking to share?

Edited by DesmoDuc

What a perfect day today! There were two red flags in I. One looked like the guy rode straight off turn one into the gravel and was rolling around grabbing his knee. Best wishes to him, hope it's not too serious. Wonder if someone stuffed him going into one and spooked him and sat it up right. 

The lap timers weren't working correctly most of the day. But the last session worked perfectly and I had a personal best at 1:47.5.

AND!!!!! they didn't charge the $20 late fee this time with gift certs.

Edited by ludwb675

Huh they charged me the 20 late fee as a walk up? They need some consistency with that.

I was a few bikes behind the turn one crash. There was a bunch of guys all slamming in that turn together and wondered if he felt he ran out of room and stood it up. Looked like he just went straight off into the sand. 

Beautiful day yesterday! "I" group was pretty much full so I didn't get many clean laps but it was a great first day of the season. I was #38 out of 40 and there were still people signing up...

I walked on with a gift cert and they didn't charge me the extra $20. 

Edited by Limitedslip7

3 hours ago, Habi said:

Huh they charged me the 20 late fee as a walk up? They need some consistency with that.

I was a few bikes behind the turn one crash. There was a bunch of guys all slamming in that turn together and wondered if he felt he ran out of room and stood it up. Looked like he just went straight off into the sand. 

Did you use a gift cert? I've always been charged the $20 when paying cash/credit. This is the first year they started charging it as well with gift certs. I paid it on the 23rd but not yesterday (both gift certs). 

2 hours ago, ludwb675 said:

Did you use a gift cert? I've always been charged the $20 when paying cash/credit. This is the first year they started charging it as well with gift certs. I paid it on the 23rd but not yesterday (both gift certs). 

Yep used a GC. I asked her and she said what was said before about it changing this year. 

Yep, great day yesterday.  I, Ryan and others played tag all day.  Especially the last "just gonna take her easy session" of the day. 

Jason Pridmore was out there with a (I think) MotoAmerica rider ... it was quite humbling to get passed by them .... they were so damn smooth and fast.  They just carried higher speeds everywhere.  Better riders, better equipment, better riders.

I finally got my 1098 shifting issues "sorted" by pitching the quick shifter overboard (dynojet).  It's probably worth going back in and seeing what the delay time is set at and see if adjustment will get it working. 

Messed around with a little video last night, but don't have internet for the moment, so uploads are going to have to wait a few days.  Might have to go through and put together a highlight reel or something....should have a few clips of elbows dragging through T1 and madness.

That last session was stupid fun....glad I got a 1:37 out of the way so I could "take it easy".  From the video, I'm pretty sure we were both on a good 37-38 pace the last two laps.

me and the kid were chasing each other and got solid into the 41s, which is fully 2 secs quicker than my best normal/best pace on the 600. Another 60 hp and fancy electronics must've made the difference. I just need to get rid of those ape hangers now!  oh, and yes getting passed by those two Pro guys was pretty humbling (not that our pace was anything to be particularly proud of).

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM, i-Zapp said:

us too. Planning on A group, but will be riding slow on the new beast.

Seems like everyone who was planning on backing off and riding easy sessions ended wicking it up and turning personal bests.  You two were moving along real well!  Had to be feeling the wind drag on the back straight lol

On 6/15/2016 at 5:55 AM, DesmoDuc said:

Jason Pridmore was out there with a (I think) MotoAmerica rider ... it was quite humbling to get passed by them .... they were so damn smooth and fast.  They just carried higher speeds everywhere.  Better riders, better equipment, better riders

Nate Kern (Factory BMW rider) was out there going crazy fast also.  I stayed in novice were I belonged but had a good time.  My new track bike behaved itself, it was the first time I had it over 25mph so that's always a question in the back of your mind.  I can say the brakes are crazy strong compared to my streetbikes.  Just to make you "I" and "A" group guys feel good.  Best laps we were turning due to traffic and everything were around the 2:05 range.  We were oversold and had 33 instead of the normal 24-26 in Novice so it's a real testament to the coaches to keep us noobs in line that we didn't crash anybody out.

IMG_20160613_155603841.jpg

Edited by vf1000ride

When i was running novice at Mid-O, i don't think we ever had a day with less than 30. I think we hit the 40 mark at least once. Either way, the coaches are outstanding!

Great looking bike too VF!!!!

Edited by ludwb675