Roku and other such devices

Gump

I ended up with Amazon USB fire sticks and using an old Wii. I like the firestick remote. You don't have to point it at anything.

Ran a 20' hdmi from a pc to TV for the Amazon account and Popcorn. Then a 20' audio cable back to the pc speakers for better sound. Wireless mouse is great.

Speaking of Amazon; I'm not really impressed with the movie selection. I thought they'd have more 4/5star older "good" movies like Aliens, Avatar, et cetera. What they do seem to have is a shit ton of series shows. Which my kids like, so I'll deal with it. 

Popcorn Time is where it's at for movies. Once you find the English version.

Edited by Gump

I just signed up for the free 30 day trial of Prime for the shipping. Put the Amazon app on my Xbox. Spent about 20 minutes looking for a movie and decided their selection sucked. Have not looked at it again. And the two things I ordered so far took longer than two days to get here.

They can blow me, gonna cancel.

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I just signed up for the free 30 day trial of Prime for the shipping. Put the Amazon app on my Xbox. Spent about 20 minutes looking for a movie and decided their selection sucked. Have not looked at it again. And the two things I ordered so far took longer than two days to get here.

I get the full value out of my 2 day shipping, but their streaming selection sucks bad.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I don't get that. Why would they have soooooo many suck ass movies yet not have the hits that are 2-3 years old or older. 

I got a REALLY good deal on cable (for the next year or so) therefore I just went back to that.  It's not as good as Directv, but I cannot justify the high price that Directv wants.  When I see my cable bill go up, I will call and get a new promo, or cancel to drop back to just internet with them.  I'm just playing their game, by their rules to get what I can for my buck.

10 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I get the full value out of my 2 day shipping, but their streaming selection sucks bad.

this. Hell my subscription just renewed 2 weeks ago and have already almost paid off the $99 with shipping and prime pricing. I've only had 1 time where my free 2 day shipping ended up being 3 days. Many cases I had whatever I ordered the next day.

Used Prime Video for the first time a couple weeks ago on the Roku since my wife found a show she wanted to watch on it. After browsing around I determined it was terrible in general though.

I also use the Amazon Photo service and sometimes Amazon music at work. I love my Prime membership

• Upvote 1

Got a roku 3 last week. Happy with the performance. Gonna look into machtv app. It's $20/month, no contract, has a shit ton of TV channels including hbo showtime etc, NFL Sunday tickets, networks and even adult channels. 

Update: machtv seems pretty legit. Live TV works great, has new movies, TV shows on demand etc. Seems like a good deal for $20/month. Will check back after a few days.

5 hours ago, r6Brent71 said:

Sorry to interrupt, but could anybody tell me the URL to a group called Ohio Riders ? They talk Motorcycles and random other topics like you are here but the site looks nothing like this. Thanks and i appreciate it.

www.ourbikesdontleak.com 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Got a roku 3 last week. Happy with the performance. Gonna look into machtv app. It's $20/month, no contract, has a shit ton of TV channels including hbo showtime etc, NFL Sunday tickets, networks and even adult channels. 

Update: machtv seems pretty legit. Live TV works great, has new movies, TV shows on demand etc. Seems like a good deal for $20/month. Will check back after a few days.

I just stumbled across the PEAR channel.  Supposedly it's like machtv but free.  I signed up and added a couple of channels.  I'd love to give Sling TV the boot.