Nelson Ledges

TRMN8TR

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is from Todd on the "other" forum. 

I have had to hold off on posting any more schedules because the owner has asked me to wait until he can finalize some details for improvements.
He is not wanting to post a schedule in fear of having to cancel dates before he knows what work might or might not get done over the next month or so.
Sorry, I wish I had a better answer but that is the best I can give.
If you have questions specifically about the track please see the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/nelsonledgesracecomplex)and ask there, I have handed over the Facebook page to the owner.

Edited by Jester_

2 hours ago, Jester_ said:

This is from Todd on the "other" forum. 

I have had to hold off on posting any more schedules because the owner has asked me to wait until he can finalize some details for improvements.
He is not wanting to post a schedule in fear of having to cancel dates before he knows what work might or might not get done over the next month or so.
Sorry, I wish I had a better answer but that is the best I can give.
If you have questions specifically about the track please see the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/nelsonledgesracecomplex)and ask there, I have handed over the Facebook page to the owner.

So what does that mean for the MC schedule he posted earlier on the MS forum?  Is it a toss up as to if thos will run.  From his post I would say so IMHO. 

Overall, this is still positive news.  The new owner intends to have a schedule and continue on, and he has plans for improvements. So it's not becoming McMansions or a private track.

This year just might be a bit rough.

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Overall, this is still positive news.  The new owner intends to have a schedule and continue on, and he has plans for improvements. So it's not becoming McMansions or a private track.

This year just might be a bit rough.

Which is fine. I hope they do sink money into it.

17 minutes ago, niles said:

I hope this works out for the best. The track is a half hour from my house. I want to buy a 250 specifically to race there with motoseries because it seems like a good group.

Does a 250 even drop below 5th gear at Nelson?  :p

I would be interested in that if there is a decent turnout for that class.  Problem is finding a 2008+ model for cheap.   need the 17" wheels to be competitive.

http://sandusky.craigslist.org/mcd/5442498890.html

From previous experience I'm more interested in the racing than the absolute speed, up to a point. A big class of people that can get out regularly would be great. Looking at last years results it looks like there's almost 10 people that show up on any given day. Maybe we can bump that up little by little.

Edited by niles

1 hour ago, niles said:

Probably pulling the trigger on a prepped 250 this weekend. Who else is thinking about it?

I'm working on race strategy now... You guys in my class can count on me for all the free beer you can drink the night before! :D

Looks like I need to buy a 250 :)