Cheap, reliable car needed ASAP!

max power

My kids Mazda5 stuck in second gear.

Need cheap reliable transportation.

$3000 max. prefer manual.

Anyone have a beater for sale?

Located central Ohio.

Or does anyone have a Mazda protégé 2.0 with a five speed? Going to try to find a used transmission to swap out first.

My mechanic friend and I went over the whole deal and try to free it up. Had it freed up at one point but when I went to go into reverse it went right back to stuck in second.

At 450, I would need $150 clutch and pay my buddy $200 to put it in. That puts me at $800. Not sure if this car is worth putting that much more into when it already has 170,000 miles and is rusting bad on the rear quarters. I have to much in it to invest much more.

My mechanic friend and I went over the whole deal and try to free it up. Had it freed up at one point but when I went to go into reverse it went right back to stuck in second.

At 450, I would need $150 clutch and pay my buddy $200 to put it in. That puts me at $800. Not sure if this car is worth putting that much more into when it already has 170,000 miles and is rusting bad on the rear quarters. I have to much in it to invest much more.

Yeah, sounds like the trans is probably done, and for what it is, it wouldn't be worth it to pull it out and try to fix that one.  It also sounds like the cost of replacing that one is borderline insane for the situation.  I'd be tempted to make you an offer on it, but I'm not a Mazda kind of guy.

Found a real nice Corolla, but my kid doesn't give enough of that shit to skip partying with her dopey friends to help me get the truck back together so we could go buy it, so this Mazda is up for sale. She's on foot.

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

Found a real nice Corolla, but my kid doesn't give enough of that shit to skip partying with her dopey friends to help me get the truck back together so we could go buy it, so this Mazda is up for sale. She's on foot.

They always choose the hard way. Be wary of the secondary scheme which finds fault in you.

They always choose the hard way. Be wary of the secondary scheme which finds fault in you.

You know this bubby don't play that bullshit.

My bro in law is selling a kia cheap. If interested I can get details.

This bubby don't roll no KIAs.