So last night some dude was hanging out in the park....

Tonik

I think whaler nailed it, someone just fell over dead.  I was out of town, but the neighbors say the cops were there less than two hours, and they hauled the body away pretty quick.  I will find out soon I am sure.

Given that area is basically Parma. It's drugs

Edit: apparently I've been drinking enough to not realize I posted drugs 30 mins ago. Sheesh

1)  Parma is mainly old white people, and really not as trashy as people like to pretend.  There is a lot of low rent housing, which, as one would expect, attracts low-rent people, but Parma's violent crime rate for a city its size is extremely low. 

2)  you would be shocked how many 'normal' people are addicted to opiates.

1)  Parma is mainly old white people, and really not as trashy as people like to pretend.  There is a lot of low rent housing, which, as one would expect, attracts low-rent people, but Parma's violent crime rate for a city its size is extremely low. 

2)  you would be shocked how many 'normal' people are addicted to opiates

i didn't say it was violent, just that it was drugs.

My Dad has lived in Parma for the last 20 years, my younger cousins grew up in Parma and my oldest cousin and her husband have been teaching at Parma middle and high school for 10 years. I know Parma better than most and yes it gets much worse rap that it should however I still have to look down upon since that's what I do :D

Also, I now live about 3 miles up Broadview from where the park is so it was a bit of satire as well

I used to be the least sympathetic individual when it came to suicide. Then it happened in my family and you see a whole different side of things. Will never condone it but I am more understanding of it now. Sucks no matter what way you slice it

I used to be the least sympathetic individual when it came to suicide. Then it happened in my family and you see a whole different side of things. Will never condone it but I am more understanding of it now. Sucks no matter what way you slice it

Exactly the same here, right up until my sisters husband killed himself. When it's someone you know you understand better what they go through. Certainly the wrong choice but when you see how much trouble they had going on in their head you realize it isn't their fault.

This! Agree. Sorry for you loss brother. I still say it's a very selfish act, but I unders how it happens.

Exactly the same here, right up until my sisters husband killed himself. When it's someone you know you understand better what they go through. Certainly the wrong choice but when you see how much trouble they had going on in their head you realize it isn't their fault.

Fortunately, I've never had it happen to anyone very close to me, however I do know that you sometimes never know what's really going on with someone, even those that are closest to you.

One of the best people I ever knew committed suicide.  It wasn't selfish.

He was a vet who had horrible PTSD, which led to some other complications.  The only way to control it was with medication that had severe, unpleasant side effects.  He was a tough human being, but years of living like that wore him down.

I miss him, but I don't blame him.

• 2 weeks later...

HELP ME,

GET THROUGH...TODAY.

THE DAY MY CHILD

TOOK HIS OWN LIFE.

HELP ME,

GET THROUGH...THE PAIN.

HELP ME,

GET THROUGH...THE MEMORIES.

HELP ME,

GET THROUGH...THE STARES,

FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY

WHO JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND.

HELP ME,

GET THROUGH...THE TEARS,

I AM SURE TO SHED TODAY.

HELP ME,

GET THROUGH...THE FEELINGS,

I AM GOING TO FEEL TODAY,

THE PAIN, THE ANGER,

THE DISBELIEF,

THE WONDERING WHY?

HELP ME,

GET THROUGH...JUST TODAY.

14 years ago today my wife called me at work and said "Jer....You need to come home.....now". Our oldest Daughter made the decision to no longer walk this planet. Our lives have forever been changed and the ramifications from what she did still show their ugliness almost daily to those that new her. My Heart bleeds the most for my Wife her Sister and the 3 Kids she left behind. I pray that she found the peace she was looking for and that someday we that were left to deal with the situation find ours. I miss you Christy and love you.....big as the sky !!

• Upvote 2