unOFFICIAL Epic Ride 2016 - POSTPONED TO RAINDATE SUNDAY, May 22, 2016

DerekClouser

Got home around 6:30. 530 miles today. I too have the sore neck but by the end of the season this will not be a problem for me either. It was great to see those I met last year and meet some new faces as well. Derek, Connie14, Ricer1, Whaler, Wolfman, and Jacob thanks for allowing me to ride with you guys. I had a blast. Hope I get to ride again with you guys. Derek  thanks for organizing all of this and leading our group. Hellmutt sorry to hear you went down. I did not know anything about it until I read it hear. Glad your ok.

• Upvote 3

Didn't crash at all.  All I did was drop the bike at the stop where 78 crosses 377.  I missed Malta Hill Rd. turn, so we stopped at the bottom of the hill @ 78 to check the route and head towards McConnelsville.  The far right side is off camber and downhill, so when I got back on the bike my right foot slipped on a few rocks and down she went.  I tried to hold it up but all I could manage was to keep the bike from slamming to the ground, so it was a gentle fall.  Minor scrapes on the right pannier.  Already ordered my parts a few minutes ago, so it will be fixed up again soon.  I'm fine.  It didn't hurt any worse than Tonik's asskicking, which didn't hurt at all, so yeah...all good.

• Upvote 4

Derek thanks for organizing the ride and Brian's family for cooking the food for us. One of the highlights of the ride was crossing paths with the Hate group and our group giving them the middle finger, with them saluting us back! Great day of riding.

• Upvote 3

Home safe. 348mi. Glad to see some familiar faces today and some new ones too! Really glad to see you today Nivin, especially since you created the Epic Ride.  Happy to finally get a chance to meet Casper, Tonik and a few others.  Great day, great people, great ride, truly Epic!  I hope to post some pics and media as soon as I filter through it all.

Home safe but had to deal with the wife's car stuck on a tree stump at the local campground when I got home. Nothing a chainsaw and a hydraulic jack couldn't handle.  Overall, 400 miles and an Epic Ride for sure.  Nice meeting new faces and many thanks to IP for hauling my slow butt down and back and for Shoop for leading our group.  Thanks Derek for organizing this and the others that helped with the food and donation.  Starting to get a little stiff and tied.  That was my longest day ride for sure.

• Upvote 1

I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout today considering this was a rain date ride.  My wife said she counted something like 43+ bikes.  Anyone get an actual head count?

Great ride!!! Glad to see everyone...my oh my how rumors fly....HELLMUTT didn't crash at all...he actually handled that triumph very well...didn't slow u down a bit...very impressive bro.....I watched the whole damn thing happen in slooooow moootiiiion....very gentle slip of the right foot on an off camber side of the rode w two gravel rocks that acted like ball bearings under his boot.....like I say ....no biggy..but u might as well just start dragging the bags when leaned over..I've got great footage of u diving into a few good turns...u weren't far from the ground bro...lol Glad everyone made it home safe. Thanks Snotty for sweeping up like u always do...was a great ride and a beautiful day!!! Hope to c u all soon ...be safe!

• Upvote 2

Thank you everyone who came out and enjoyed the beautiful weather today!  We couldn't have asked for a better turnout of guys/gals!!

I hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed the route. The food was a nice added touch as people were able to hang out a bit longer and eat and chat with each other, rather than separating off and heading towards home to eat with their respective regional groups. 

It was awesome to see some new faces as well as being able to reconnect with a lot of the regulars!  That is exactly what makes the extra work in organizing this event all worth the while!! 

Nivin -  Nice getting to see you again and I'm glad you were able to come out and hang for the beginning.  I am proud to continue a 'dream ride' that you originally started.  Remember the important things in life Nivin... your family and your friends and your passions.  Don't live to work, work to live!!! I wanna see you out more for the rides!

Whaler - Thank you for getting your wife and son to come help bring the grill and prepare all the food for us when we arrived.  They cooked everything perfect and at a perfect time!!! 

Ricer1 - Thank you for the initial donation to purchase the food for the event.  Also to anyone else who donated to help circumvent the remaining costs that was not covered initially!!

All the leads/sweeps  - Fantastic job!  We had no incidents (not counting @Hellmutt's fall over) - This starts with you guys/gals! You set a safe but fun pace for all and everyone put their egos aside and rode a safe ride. 

Dizzledan and Idiot - Thank you for the photography!  The event is such a blast and it's nice to have some guys out there capturing it for all to reminisce over the dreadful winter! 

Thank you to anyone who donated to the church! We were able to gather $90.00 donation to give to them for allowing us dangerous bikers to get together on their lot.  I'll arrange on how to get it to them as there was no-one available before I left. 

I apologize if I left anyone out, my brain is still full of adrenaline from the awesome ride!!

Two more things -  

I don't want to drag this awesome day with anything negative, but I want to remind everyone that attends this event and most OhioRiders formed rides, safety is a number 1 priority!!  We had a few guys doing wheelies within the groups and that's not something we can tolerate.  It puts too many other people at risk and no one wants to go down because of another rider's error.  This type of ride has enough built in risks that we don't want to add any unnecessary ones.  If you are bringing people that don't belong to the forum or you yourself are new to these types of rides, please be aware/inform them of the mannerisms they need to maintain during the ride.  There's a time and place for that kind of stuff and I ask that we just keep that in mind.  The parties were all spoken too on this type of behavior and they've apologized and promised it would never happen again, but I wanted to get it out in the open for everyone to understand.  

The next posts I'm going to post will blow up with pictures/videos. My photography skills are still a work in progress so I apologize that all the photos aren't as crisp as I would have liked. 

Anyone who took pictures or videos, please feel free to post them in here for everyone to view!! 

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED.  YOU TRULY MADE THIS AN EPIC RIDE AND I LOOK FORWARD TO RIDING WITH ANY OF YOU THIS SEASON!!

• Upvote 3