unOFFICIAL Epic Ride 2016 - POSTPONED TO RAINDATE SUNDAY, May 22, 2016

DerekClouser

Just now, DerekClouser said:

I've talked with several people about the decision.  

I think it's in the best interest as a whole to postpone the ride until Sunday.  

To anyone who is unable to make it Sunday and want to bear the weather tomorrow, I encourage you guys to post up and maybe a group of you can still meet up and ride.   Hopefully to the rest, I look forward to seeing you guys on Sunday.  It has a chance of rain Sunday afternoon, but Saturday night and Sunday morning are clear and the roads will be dry and we can have a great ride!! 

Look forward to seeing you gentleman (and ladies) on Sunday!!

Sorry to any who maybe inconvenienced by this.  Please post up if you still plan on attending on Sunday as I am still arranging a grille and food, etc. 

Have thought it over and think you are making the right decision.

lol

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I've talked with several people about the decision.  

I think it's in the best interest as a whole to postpone the ride until Sunday.  

To anyone who is unable to make it Sunday and want to bear the weather tomorrow, I encourage you guys to post up and maybe a group of you can still meet up and ride.   Hopefully to the rest, I look forward to seeing you guys on Sunday.  It has a chance of rain Sunday afternoon, but Saturday night and Sunday morning are clear and the roads will be dry and we can have a great ride!! 

Look forward to seeing you gentleman (and ladies) on Sunday!!

Sorry to any who maybe inconvenienced by this.  Please post up if you still plan on attending on Sunday as I am still arranging a grille and food, etc. 

Good call, I would have done the same thing.  No fun in being wet and cold!  I am in for Sunday as well.

6 minutes ago, Hellmutt said:

Should we move to Dollar General's lot next to the church?  Or just play it by ear once we get there? 

Play it by ear... If there is space, we will use it, if not, we will find room. 

5 minutes ago, DUBIE said:

Let me clarify...not that the last several years were ever bad...didn't mean it like that at all:thefinger:

I picked up on what you were puttin' down.  I think we'll have a full group.  Looking forward to it as well.  Hoping the rain date doesn't shorten attendance too much.

Love to join you but the Suzuki would be well over initial oil change in th middle of the ride, so unless this CLDB doesn't buy the grom and someone wants to trailer me down, I don't think I'll be able to

5 minutes ago, zx3vfr said:

Love to join you but the Suzuki would be well over initial oil change in th middle of the ride, so unless this CLDB doesn't buy the grom and someone wants to trailer me down, I don't think I'll be able to

tomorrow im sure a dealership near you will be open and you can buy that oil + filter and get home and change it pronto! :p lol

Edited by Scorpion-Ninja
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

tomorrow im sure a dealership near you will be open and you can buy that oil + filter and get home and change it pronto! :p lol

I'm at 300 miles. Break in oil change is 600. I work tomorrow 1-10p. I doubt I can ride 300 miles from when I wake up 8 get to work, not be miserable from riding in the rain, or ride 300 miles after work and have the mental capacity to function.

And now you can write me in for the slow group.

May is monsoon season in Ohio.  After three

years of the "Rain Ride" you would think folks

would start voting to have this event in June.

Any Newark area riders that want to wait at OH-13 / I-70

for Hellmutt's merry band of riders to go by, I'll be there

by 0930 to join up with them until 0945.

Edited by JackFlash