Wednesday, March 9 Cbus to Hocking after work

jacobhawkins

This week is going to be great!  If things are looking good on Wednesday I'll be leaving right after work (4:05) from Columbus and making a quick loop through Hocking.  Back home by 8 at the latest.  This will be my first time really out with the new bike so I'll be running a solid Medium pace if anybody else wants to join in.  I anticipate taking 33 out of town, I'll be at the Circle K at 70 and 33 by 4:30.  I'll top off at the gas station across from 374 also, probably be there by 5:15 depending on traffic.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

This week is going to be great!  If things are looking good on Wednesday I'll be leaving right after work (4:05) from Columbus and making a quick loop through Hocking.  Back home by 8 at the latest.  This will be my first time really out with the new bike so I'll be running a solid Medium pace if anybody else wants to join in.  I anticipate taking 33 out of town, I'll be at the Circle K at 70 and 33 by 4:30.  I'll top off at the gas station across from 374 also, probably be there by 5:15 depending on traffic.  

J. I was out on the roads 3/1 and there is a lot of sand and debris on the asphalt surfaces. Pick your clean line and easy throttle off the corner, "Rain Riding" Have fun and call if you need anything. Shot crap Video of some of my ride.

35 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Thanks for the heads up, I figured there would be some of that.  I'll be taking it pretty easy.  Hey, you coming up to see the new ODPS classrooms tonight?

I was, but Dan told me it's no big deal and am not a fan of commuter traffic going into N and leaving S the Columbus area. You never know I may ride the Z. It needs to get out.

I have to finish the yard work I have been assigned by the Mrs. and going to throw some aggressive off road Mitas E10 tires on the VStrom for the next event: March Moto Madness.  Take care. Brian

On 3/6/2016 at 2:47 PM, Casper said:

I most likely can join for this. 

Great!

56 minutes ago, max power said:

I may be able to hook up with you at 22 and the bypass if I can get home from work early enough. Keep me in the loop.

Will do.  I'll post up before leaving the Circle K.

6 hours ago, max power said:

Tim has a good point. You might want to jump off 33 at gender road and take 674 to my house. I can take us in the back way from there.

That'd work for me.  PM me your address and I'll see you there.  I'll be in leathers, but don't need to push it much at all to have a good time tomorrow.  I'm still trying to figure out what to replace my old gear with and that's all I have. 

A buddy from work may follow along in his car if you guys are OK with that.  He's a good driver (autocross) etc.

55 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

That'd work for me.  PM me your address and I'll see you there.  I'll be in leathers, but don't need to push it much at all to have a good time tomorrow.  I'm still trying to figure out what to replace my old gear with and that's all I have. 

A buddy from work may follow along in his car if you guys are OK with that.  He's a good driver (autocross) etc.

Whats the estimated meet up time at bubby MP's house? I could shoot across Coonpath and meet ya'll there. 

Edited by 2talltim

Yeah, but still don't know where that is.  MaxPower, where to, man?  Tim, I'm thinking no later than 5 to get to his place based on rough road coordinates.  Ben, see you at his place, I'm not planning on stopping at Circle K at this point?

Yeah, but still don't know where that is.  MaxPower, where to, man?  Tim, I'm thinking no later than 5 to get to his place based on rough road coordinates.  Ben, see you at his place, I'm not planning on stopping at Circle K at this point?

I messaged you his address and text him but no reply yet.

Weather channel is calling for a 45% chance of rain at 6 o'clock which is a little high to me for the first ride of the year with the gravel and shit in all the corners.

I will be paying close attention to the weather this afternoon because this Bubby ain't riding in the rain.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, max power said:

Weather channel is calling for a 45% chance of rain at 6 o'clock which is a little high to me for the first ride of the year with the gravel and shit in all the corners.

I will be paying close attention to the weather this afternoon because this Bubby ain't riding in the rain.

Sounds good, I have no interest in getting rained on either.