Motorcycle Superstore Sucks

whaler

So I called them and according to them UPS did pick it up and either lost it or misdirected it so they are opening a trace request with UPS. Turnaround time for this is 8-10 business days. If they find it, they'll ship it to me...if not, MSS will refund the purchase.

I'll give it a few hours to see if it magically gets found, otherwise I'm ordering from elsewhere and will return the MSS one if it ever arrives.

It pisses me off because I intentionally ordered it last week so I would have it this week for the upcoming weekend.

3 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

I ordered a header pipe and slip on for my XR from MSS on the morning of 6/24. Both were assigned UPS tracking #'s by EOD and the header delivered yesterday while the slip on tracking still says "ready for UPS pickup" as it has for the last few days. WTF?

Only reason I ordered there is I had a points "credit" to use. I wanted to have that shit on the bike and running well (may need to re-jet) by this weekend. Fuckers.

Is that the retailer or UPS fault?

Take your pick.

The way most fulfillment operations work is they have packages staged for pickup and the boxes are all labeled and waiting pickup. Usually there is an accompanying manifest that has a comprehensive list of all the packages. Either UPS chucked it on the truck without scanning it or it wasn't labeled properly. MSS says they show the 'outgoing' scan which only really means it was staged for pickup, There should be some sort of QA balancing that at least says x number of packages scanned by UPS which matches x # of packages on the manifest. There are more comprehensive checks if they are scanning barcodes on the manifest and packages to tie them logically but that takes a lot of time.

Where I've worked, UPS always scanned in their own packages and loaded the truck themselves. I'm guessing some places may have the shipper assist in the loading process to expedite the process which is where bad things can happen.

BTW, I already placed the other order and it's already shipped (I got tracking at least).

Edited by ScubaCinci