Member Map

Casper

https://ohioriders.net/index.php?/membermap/

It's in the menu under "Community". 

Add your location, as detailed as you wish, by clicking the "Add Location" button just above the map on the right side. For instance, I simply put "Pickerington, Ohio" as my location. 

Change your location by clicking the "My Location" button. 

I will slowly be back-filling locations for those who don't set it with coordinates based on zip code only. You can delete your marker if you want.  I've updated locations for all members who hadn't already set theirs and have more than 10 posts by mapping their zip to GPS coordinates. You can remove/modify your location at any time. 

I made it a ton easier for everyone. Now just update the zip code in your profile to change your location. Don't want your location shown on the map? Just delete the zip code from your profile. Easy peasy. 

You may notice a few non-member locations on the map already. Those are Jimbo's and Fontana Village. The idea here is that we'll add popular destinations to the map as time goes on. The ability for anyone to add a popular destination is coming shortly. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Is drag and drop available option? That might be handy

How do you change it once you set it? Say I move this year to a different zip code

You should be able to click the same location button and change your location. 

4 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

Is drag and drop available option? That might be handy

How do you change it once you set it? Say I move this year to a different zip code

I can right click and delete you, or anyone else. That may be my mod powers.  Go right click yourself and see if you can delete your self.  Then check the same on mine and see if you can.  Pls report back. tia

I am so deleting Casper.

Something changed.  Until 15 seconds ago if I clicked the 'My Location' drop down and hit 'update location' it give the screen shot Bad posted.  But now it lets me. Something was broke and you apparently accidentally fixed it!

Thanks Casper!!

Just now, Tonik said:

Something changed.  Until 15 seconds ago if I clicked the 'My Location' drop down and hit 'update location' it give the screen shot Bad posted.  But now it lets me. Something was broke and you apparently accidentally fixed it!

Thanks Casper!!

I fixed it. 

• Upvote 1

Only way I see that as being confusing to someone is if at some time down the road someone thinks the point on the map is a members actual house and tries to use it as a tool to get there. Like where is says I'm at is actully 4 miles from my house. Not a big deal to me but I just see someone thinking that way. 

True. Didn't think of that. I'll change it so you can fine tune the location if you want. I would imagine most won't want their exact location though. I was thinking more of a visual "who is around me" thing. Good point though.