Stunting Legalities?

OhioFirebolt

you right its not politically correct... its down right wrong... I'm willing to accept some concessions.. but  you, yourself are failing to see that you just proved my point in your own comment! the other car doing something freakish is  everything... lol

the stunt section is only dead because of douchebags on public roads...  but there was quite a few guys on that section that share the mentality of keep it smart and off the streets..

• Upvote 2

My $.02

Like most have already said. Stunting on a closed or controlled environment can be entertaining. But on a public street your nothing but an attention whoring accident waiting to happen to you and others around you.

Seems like nothing is going to change your mind so I guess no point trying to convince you any more.

• Upvote 1

lol...I know it's predictable ive been around here for a little bit I don't post but I look around and I see it. I'm not even a stunter in any way shape or form. But above is right, nothing here is going to change my mind because I'm no fool. It's funny I can get blazed on here for supporting public stunts yet in the real world it doesn't happen. For example I attach my helmet to my bag when I'm on campus and On my helmet people can see I support it and I've not once been ridiculed for it, AND its not just the "college crowd" same thing for both of my jobs, they know I do it and I've never been put down for it.  in fact I only get positive reactions. On the streets like I said I pull it up I get positive reactions. Simple truth.

I might get hurt one day, I might die who knows, My faith is in God in that matter but judge all you want, I'm not a douchebag about what I do, you can think otherwise all you want I just don't care and the reason I don't care isn't because I'm a douche, it's because based on my experience I know that people like seeing them and the reaction on here is NOT the reaction out there...

Again as a final statement, stunting can be done in a dangerous and asshole like manner, I acknowledge that. My point was, it can also be done (on public roads) in a non-asshole manner. I want to make sure that's clear. Peace

• Upvote 1

Dammit Doug. Lol

On a closed course on public property you're fine. There's nothing anyone can do. If you don't actually own the property there is literally a metric fuckton of legalities that come into play.

If there is even a smidgen of doubt whether you should be doing it or not, you probably shouldn't do it. Js.

Wheelies are against the law. That's just the way it is. As is reckless operation. But I hear you can get "wheelies for jesus" stickers that will help your chances with the local law enforcement.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheBrown57 said:

"little motorized plastic isn't going to seriously injure or kill anybody"

Idk about your bike but my ZX9 was 450lbs and you get that moving it's gonna fuck some shit up.

Guess I missed that quote. So much stupidity in just one sentence :nono: 

• Upvote 1

Dear Squid,

12 o'clock boys may crown you their king.

You're so open minded it's hard to believe you can't consider:

A car avoiding you and hitting another car, or stationary object.

A riders helmet/ head can go through a window and injure someone in a car. Is it likely no? Is it you're right to make the decision for everyone else? NO.

People may have other things to do in their day than mess with insurance( can you afford to reimburse them if your insurance denies a game playing claim?, go to the repair shop. have a wrecker pull their car off the top of you/your bike.

It's all thumbs up until something goes wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Idiot said:

Soldierrrrr mentioned parking his bike on campus....   please please please tell me he's carrying a double major in physics and biology

Between his numbingly headstrong nonsense combined with complete public disregard = business management major with a minor in hip hairstyling.  :dunno:

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2016 at 7:00 PM, Soldierrrr said:

My little motorized plastic isn't going to seriously injure or kill anybody besides myself (outside of some kind of freakish incident where everything lines up for the worse).

Nope, not going to seriously injure anyone.

accident.PNG

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

(Why in the hell do I have 100 notifications?)

101 now, from me quoting you.  Top left of the screen click the bell for notifications then on that panel that pops up hit "notification settings' and turn off the ones you don't want.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass, top right of the screen, the little bell.

Edited by Tonik