FZ6 Saddlebag Rack Questions

Kruse08

I have a set of Sedici Toscana Saddlebags that I am wanting to mount to my FZ6 and was wondering if anyone here would be able to help me out in making a mounting system for them.  Just wanting to get peoples thoughts on how they would do it and if they may want to lend a hand.  I can provide a 6-pack for the help if you would like!

Here is a link to the bags that I own.

http://www.cyclegear.com/SEDICI-Toscana-Saddlebags?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=SC-Shopping&utm_content=SC-ShoppingDesktop&utm_term=web1009871Standard&scid=scplp4359807&gclid=CNr7gsv81cwCFZKCaQod-h4KLg

You shouldn't need framework if there are D-rings or strapping points on the bags.  A couple of short cinch straps under the tail to draw the bags towards one another should be plenty to keep them in place.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Hellmutt said:

You shouldn't need framework if there are D-rings or strapping points on the bags.  A couple of short cinch straps under the tail to draw the bags towards one another should be plenty to keep them in place.

this is exactly how my cortech sport bags worked. Super easy and I had an undertail exhaust so that wasn't a concern

1 hour ago, Hellmutt said:

Looks like pvc with an aerosol overhaul to me

True there. The pic is of V2 that I just made. V1 lasted through 2 full seasons but didn't have the diagonal bracing & internal reinforcement this one does. I put some HDPE tubes inside the main supports & filled the whole thing with gorilla glue. Sturdy enough to function but should break away ICE.

Thanks for fixing Tonic. I post pics so infrequently it's always a pain in the ass. School me.