NEO Ride Monday 5/30/16

NinjaDoc

I know most people will be involved with family and friends during the long weekend, but just wanted to throw it out there

Ride date: Monday 5/30/16

Meet spot: i am planning to leave from canfield Sheetz 4585 Boardman-Canfield Rd, Canfield, OH 44406 ( some decent roads can be taken from right here to get to good ones)

Time: planning to leave around 8:00 AM

Miles: will like to keep it short ride with just around 200-250 miles and be back home by early afternoon

Route: will be trying to touch some good well known routes since dont have enough time to gamble and explore.

pace: will be medium fast - will be entertaining enough for fast guys and too dangerous for new riders. Plus extra caution since many cops will be out for the long weekend.

Weather: supposed to be excellent with max only 82 and no rain

if at all anyone interested plz let me know, we can tweak the meet time and spot if possible to make it easier.

Sorry for late post up, just thought some souls might be wondering what to do on an unexpected off day they got as a blessing. Just like me. Nothing better than riding for sure :)

20 minutes ago, durk said:

Doc this is a possibility for me. Are you are running 164 south from meet spot?

Will be nice to meet you again. Yep, planning to end up on the good part of 164 after some small county roads and stuff to get to it. 

7 hours ago, Danimal said:

possibility for me too. Replacing the radiator and rear tire tomorrow on the SV and then she should be good to go for Monday.

Very nice dan, haven't seen you in half a year :) 

jerry might make it as well, this will become the march of Suzuki 650s again :cool:

9 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

great, i never realized it you were from around here. I thought SW since u were riding with Helmut group.

164 has new pavement :) so does some other roads around the area. 

About an hr north of Canfield. I actually rode with Derek's group this year at the epic ride and it was a good pace for me. If I end up riding tomorrow I will have to be back to Canfield by noon, so I'm thinking it may be best to meet up with you guys another time. I don't want to be the guy that messes things up. 

9 minutes ago, durk said:

About an hr north of Canfield. I actually rode with Derek's group this year at the epic ride and it was a good pace for me. If I end up riding tomorrow I will have to be back to Canfield by noon, so I'm thinking it may be best to meet up with you guys another time. I don't want to be the guy that messes things up. 

Ah okay, You can always break off half way if you know the area around here. 

And yes we should get to ride together more if your this close :) 

Edited by NinjaDoc

Not sure where all your heading. I ride 164 to 9 to 250 quite often and am familiar with that area. I may still be in. I just have feel out what my wife is thinking. We have a birthday party for my daughter in the evening @ my house so it may be a hard sell. I will get back today with a for sure yes or no. 

I rarely ride over Memorial Day weekend, July 4 and associated weekend dates as well as Labor Day weekend. Too many drunks celebrating not working.

That and the police are out to protect and serve the shit out of you.

Sent from my iPhone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Yesterday between Ashland and CBus I lost count after 23. Most I have ever seen, they were almost all writing tickets, not just sitting there.

3 parked in a row on 271 north bound just after 303 yesterday at noon. All 3 running radar. 6 waiting down the road about 3 miles.

Yea just have to ride easy, stick to the remote back roads and by Monday usually things cool down by 50% or more. 

There might be two more bikes from around here. I guess we have a decent size group for a pleasure trip :D 

Edited by NinjaDoc

2 minutes ago, RHill said:

Wish I still had a street bike, I'd be in for this.

You need to pick up a used vstrom cheap, Wish u never went track :) I knew once u went track u were never coming back. Same for jester. Next lost to track will be @jacobhawkins 

Been eyeing Stroms, would have bought the one listed up last month, but it went too quick.  Blame you for the track addition, after you went to PIRC I was like "oh....why haven't I done that?".....and it was all over from there.

went out for a quick jaunt, coming down martin to ira and at ira and riverview, sure enough 2 cars into a guard rail...

all these bicycle idiots are trying to get the people out of the cars by pulling on them. i park the bike run over and start asking if all those involved are experiencing any neck pain, headache or blurred vision. both drivers say they are ok, so I leave...

first rule of an accident, unless the car is on fire, don't move someone until they are checked by a medic, if they're ok theyll get out under their own power.  and if they are complaining of neck pain, lay them flat and assign someone to keep them from falling asleep....

god I fucking hate bicyclists.

13 minutes ago, xVICIOUSx said:

Nivin,

Will the pace be similar to the last time I rode with you guys?  If so then I will check with the wife and see if I can make it out to play, LOL 

Jeff, 

yes very similar pace, not too fast not too slow :) 

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Jeff, 

yes very similar pace, not too fast not too slow :) 

I will be there in the morning. I might not be able to get there until right around 8 though and will have to fill up and hit the restroom and I will then be ready to go. 

Jeff

18 hours ago, Danimal said:

possibility for me too. Replacing the radiator and rear tire tomorrow on the SV and then she should be good to go for Monday.

Dan 

I am planning to go on this ride in the morning. Let me know if you want to meet up and ride out together. 

Jeff