Bike trip, who's going?

2talltim

My brother and I are heading out for a week on 8/20.  He switched from a cruiser to FJR, so you won't hear all of the floorboard scraping this time.

That is a week may be able to do, what's the itinerary?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 2talltim said:

That is a week may be able to do, what's the itinerary?

Originally, Canada, Vermont, and Adirondacks.  We are getting together to discuss tomorrow evening.  I can let you know if there are any changes.

4 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Originally, Canada, Vermont, and Adirondacks.

Perfect time for that area, rain really drops off.  Go now, or even into July and it will be monsoons all the time. Focus on Vermont if you can, that is where the roads are. Adirondacks look good on paper, but in person...not so much.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

Originally, Canada, Vermont, and Adirondacks.  We are getting together to discuss tomorrow evening.  I can let you know if there are any changes.

Yup keep me updated but don't put me for sure into the plan, will depend on when my wife has her surgery as if i can go or not. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't decided on anything yet. Only thing on the table is a UP, Canada, Vermont trip with Mike but there is a big "IF" involved in that plan.

I'm seriously considering a trip to Mt. Washington and on to Quoddy Head lighthouse and maybe dip into Nova Scotia for a bit the last week on July. I would really want somone to go with me for a trip like that. Need to figure somthing out before all the good weeks of vacation are taken.

• Upvote 1

Looks like what ever I do will be the week of July 25th-31st. My wife is having a surgery the first week of Aug. and I was informed that if I requested any FMLA for that they would be taking it away from any vacation I have remaining. So I gave them a big FU and requested the rest of my vacation at the end of July.

• Upvote 1

have put in a request to see what remaining time I have Timmy. I'd be up for a trip somewhere on the SV. Parts arrived over the weekend to complete the conversion to handlebars, so she'll be up and ready soon.

Waiting for my approval on the week of the 25th, would really like to do a new England trip that week.

• Upvote 1

Looks like this is going to be a New England trip leaving Monday the 25th, Dan is trying to get time off work to go but he is unsure if he can. Still working out the details but I want to ride to the Utica NY and checking out Allegeny NF and the Finger Lake/ Glen area on day one avoiding most freeway once out of Ohio. Day 2 will be through the Adirondack Mountains, ferry crossing over lake Champlain head south through the green mountains and make my way over to Lincoln, NH where I want to stay at least 2 nights. Day 3 will be exploring the White mountain range that will include going up Mount Washington. Day 4 will be dipping in to Maine and making my way down to Portland where I would like to check out 2 or Maine's oldest light houses.(one of which you have to take a boat out the island). Day 5 will be headed back west avoiding most freeways and cutting through the Catkills Mountains. Day 6 will be most likely slabbing it back to the home front. Most hotels are $70 on average if I book ahead of time with my discount(if dan can't go I can split with someone else) and I'm thinking between 2500 to 3000 miles total trip in 6 days.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

There is a shorter ferry near fort ticondaroga that is fun. If you get up by Lake Placid they put wheels on the bob sleds and you can ride the Olympic couse. That is pretty epic.

In Bangor you can see Steven Kings house.

Find a Captain Newicks restaurant in Maine or NH to eat at.

All the great roads are in Vermont.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Looks like this is going to be a New England trip leaving Monday the 25th, Dan is trying to get time off work to go but he is unsure if he can. Still working out the details but I want to ride to the Utica NY and checking out Allegeny NF and the Finger Lake/ Glen area on day one avoiding most freeway once out of Ohio. Day 2 will be through the Adirondack Mountains, ferry crossing over lake Champlain head south through the green mountains and make my way over to Lincoln, NH where I want to stay at least 2 nights. Day 3 will be exploring the White mountain range that will include going up Mount Washington. Day 4 will be dipping in to Maine and making my way down to Portland where I would like to check out 2 or Maine's oldest light houses.(one of which you have to take a boat out the island). Day 5 will be headed back west avoiding most freeways and cutting through the Catkills Mountains. Day 6 will be most likely slabbing it back to the home front. Most hotels are $70 on average if I book ahead of time with my discount(if dan can't go I can split with someone else) and I'm thinking between 2500 to 3000 miles total trip in 6 days.

I am glad that you have this trip planned,  and that you weren't planning to go with me.   I tore my ACL in a freak dirt bike incident on Sunday.   I won't be riding for a while.   Safe travels! 

I am glad that you have this trip planned,  and that you weren't planning to go with me.   I tore my ACL in a freak dirt bike incident on Sunday.   I won't be riding for a while.   Safe travels! 

Damn man that sucks.
  • Upvote 1