Fall Trip To The Gap (or Elsewhere)?

ScubaCinci

Looks like I'll have a few days vacation unaccounted for to make a long weekend road trip. Last year in mid-October, @Tonik, @2talltim, @Danimal @Casper and some others did a fall ride down to the gap which ended up to be really nice. Aside from a little rain, the leaves were changing and the temperatures were near perfect. I could be up for a similar trip to the gap or elsewhere this year if there's interest. I'm out of the country 9/22 - 10/7 but otherwise my schedule is open though I'd have to check specific days with any co-worker vacation conflicts or pressing work events.

**EDIT** Official Thread Here:

Edited by ScubaCinci

20 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Ill be out of vacation as of the end of this month, had to use it or loose it because of taking FMLA time off next month.

Booooo :cry:

To throw some dates out there - maybe Oct 15-18? I might be able to take a half day off on the 14th to get there earlier.

Now If I throw some IFs in here those dates could work for me.

IF we aren't working weekends at that time. and....

IF I don't use any call off days between now and then, I may be able to go. I would simply call off work the 17th & 18th

Would be a last min decision Id have to make.

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I thought we were doing WV? 

Didn't mean to step on your toes my brother. Is there a fall WV thread...I may have missed it? Maybe when I was banned :D I am up for whatever the group wants to do. I've never done a WV trip.

I finally had gotten the remainder of my vacation days scheduled and realized that I had a few to play with. Since I hadn't done a road trip this year and we had such a good trip last fall, I thought I would throw it out there. Especially since the wife has us going to Indonesia for 3 weeks next year which will wipe out the majority of my vacation time and make it really tough for me to do a trip next year.

I totally agree with this...you get some fucking rep sir. I had this in my mind as well. Those with more meager on-bike storage may find this a little tougher. Maybe we can get a SAG wagon volunteer :)

Edited by ScubaCinci

39 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

I totally agree with this...you get some fucking rep sir. I had this in my mind as well. Those with more meager on-bike storage may find this a little tougher. Maybe we can get a SAG wagon volunteer :)

Backpack and tank-bag is all you really need. Or just be a dirty fuck and wear the same cloths under your gear every day and bring 1 pair of "pickin' up strange women/dudes around town after riding all day" cloths. 

@Tonik damn near snagged a hottie at the mini mart near the hotel in/around Georgetown last year after he helped her jump her van (not literally, her battery was dead) - it was in the rain so he was clean at least. :D

I believe we had a few beers prior to that so my memory may be fuzzy as to her hotness.

37 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

@Tonik damn near snagged a hottie at the mini mart near the hotel in/around Georgetown last year after he helped her jump her van (not literally, her battery was dead) - it was in the rain so he was clean at least. :D

I believe we had a few beers prior to that so my memory may be fuzzy as to her hotness.

Tonik. Hottie. Van. Does not compute. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Casper said:

No pics, no video, and your only witness admits to having been drinking alcohol before the event occurred...

I actually do have pics somewhere...may even be posted from last year. ;)

• Upvote 1

Note the windowless "kidnapper" van. I have a feeling if someone had gotten in with her, we'd be found near a river somewhere.

tonik.jpg

To be fair, Jim did help her troubleshoot the problem and located the guy with jumper cables.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

Note the windowless "kidnapper" van. I have a feeling if someone had gotten in with her, we'd be found near a river somewhere.

tonik.jpg

To be fair, Jim did help her troubleshoot the problem and located the guy with jumper cables.

Oooooo @Tonik. Some sexy arm on that one.