PIRC Aug 27-28 unofficial OR day

Jester_

4 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I have about 30k on her right now give or take. Just did the valve check, all fluids changed, new chain, sprockets, new stator and rectifier, and tires before this year's GAP trip. Had a questionable owner before me. Shes back to being in a garage and being taken care of again.

You remember what she had on her when she left your hands?

Glad to hear...last time I saw it was at the GAP trip and it was looking pretty dirty. 

I think it had a little over 13k on it when I sold it. Rode that bike from Ohio to Florida and back, had a hell of a time doing it but would never do it again without some riser bars and a throttle lock. 

4 minutes ago, TRMN8TR said:

Glad to hear...last time I saw it was at the GAP trip and it was looking pretty dirty. 

I think it had a little over 13k on it when I sold it. Rode that bike from Ohio to Florida and back, had a hell of a time doing it but would never do it again without some riser bars and a throttle lock. 

That was the P.O. for sure. Kept it outside of his apartment. :nono: 

It's since been taken care of by a more responsible owner and has been a great bike. I fell in love with these things back in 06 when I first rode one. It didnt have much more than 13k when I bought it I dont think.

Edited by TimTheAzn

Just now, Jester_ said:

For which day?

Currently I am begging to have someone cover just the day and not the night, or just saturday or just sunday. Trying to work all the angles. Manager is cool with it, but I need to somehow convince someone to cover it. I've asked the more senior part of my team as well, but they are usually too good for that on call stuff.

So if I had to pick a day, would it be Saturday or Sunday? I am leaning towards Sat since I'll have sunday to recover before work. Is everyone going to be there Saturday? Anyone driving down Friday night? What's the situation about "camping" overnight? (I'd probably sleep in the back of my truck.)

If you can only make one, I'd shoot for whichever fits your schedule or has a better forecast.

I'll be there Friday evening through Sunday.

Camping is covered by N2.

Bring some cash, they are having a fundraiser auction.....Last year they had some pretty good deals; I scored a set of chicken hawk warmers for $150 or something close.  Tools, bike stuff, leathers, track time, there was a lot of stuff....great food, great people, great time...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RHill said:

If you can only make one, I'd shoot for whichever fits your schedule or has a better forecast.

I'll be there Friday evening through Sunday.

Camping is covered by N2.

Bring some cash, they are having a fundraiser auction.....Last year they had some pretty good deals; I scored a set of chicken hawk warmers for $150 or something close.  Tools, bike stuff, leathers, track time, there was a lot of stuff....great food, great people, great time...

My manager just told me "go ahead and register - we will figure it out". Looks like I am a go!

Since I'm already getting slapped with a late fee, I wonder if it would be worth it to wait until next week's forecast comes out. My fear is spots being taken up.

I am going to try to drop off the trailer (Ryans Hotel) on Friday night, which is when most everyone will show up. I only live 30 or so minutes from the track so I go back and forth at night for the most part.  

• Upvote 1

I'm planning to head down Friday night. I'm on the east side of CLE (Mentor), and have room for 1 more in my trailer if anyone needs a ride. I've got canopy/tools/chairs etc. if anyone needs a spot to pit. 

Currently only planning to ride Saturday, but that may change. I'll probably camp out Saturday night and drink beer. 

1 minute ago, TRMN8TR said:

I'm planning to head down Friday night. I'm on the east side of CLE (Mentor), and have room for 1 more in my trailer if anyone needs a ride. I've got canopy/tools/chairs etc. if anyone needs a spot to pit. 

Currently only planning to ride Saturday, but that may change. I'll probably camp out Saturday night and drink beer. 

Don't need a trailer spot but may need a spot to pit!

No one down to caravan Friday evening?

43 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

I am going to try to drop off the trailer (Ryans Hotel) on Friday night, which is when most everyone will show up. I only live 30 or so minutes from the track so I go back and forth at night for the most part.  

casa de trackday.....don't need to make a special trip out on my behalf, can always toss up the tent.  It is nice having everything ready to go in the morning tho.

18 minutes ago, TRMN8TR said:

mmmm beer.  I'll see if I can figure a way to haul my extra canopy for a little more room in the shade.  You are going to get talked into riding BTW

15 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Don't need a trailer spot but may need a spot to pit!

No one down to caravan Friday evening?

I'd be down to caravan, but it seems like I can never hit the road on time.....something always comes up at work or home.

5 minutes ago, RHill said:

casa de trackday.....don't need to make a special trip out on my behalf, can always toss up the tent.  It is nice having everything ready to go in the morning tho.

mmmm beer.  I'll see if I can figure a way to haul my extra canopy for a little more room in the shade.  You are going to get talked into riding BTW

I'd be down to caravan, but it seems like I can never hit the road on time.....something always comes up at work or home.

I'm pretty flexible. I'll be on call during the week so I'll probably be able to jet early friday, so unless you plan on leaving Friday morning, we could most likely work something out.

Edit: Just registered for Saturday!

Edited by TimTheAzn