On Friday Sept. 23....

Tonik

.... @Casper and I will be hanging and partying with Wu Tang Clan.  And yes I mean in their hotel room with groupies and booze and drugs and stuff.

Yes, we will be posting pics.

No this isn't a 'Ride'. But the forum title is 'Rides and Events'.  This will most certainly be an Event.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, RCBS said:

Never would have guessed you for a WuTang fan? 

I'm not.  But I am a fan of hanging with 'famous' peeps.  Partied for a few days with Pink Floyd. Had drinks with Cyndi Lauper, saved Tiny Tim's life.  Watched Morrissey save my kids life. And my favorite...took a piss in Richard Nixon's bathroom.

Edited by Tonik

Just now, Tonik said:

I'm not.  But I am a fan of hanging with 'famous' peeps.  Partied for a few days with Pink Floyd. Had drinks with Cyndi Lauper, saved Tiny Tim's life.  Watch Morrissey save my kids life. And my favorite...took a piss in Richard Nixon's bathroom.

HAHA!  OK, was just checking.  Pink Floyd is my biggest "didn't get to see them live" regret.  Was a bit too young and then they disbanded.  

3 minutes ago, blue72beetle said:

Was there a nickel in the toilet?

No, don't think Castro was ever there.  Although it was pretty close to Cuba. It was a small private island in the Bahamas that he was given by one of the dudes that financed the Watergate break in.

20 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

I'm having dinner with Marvin Lewis next week...:nono:

I hate the Bengals but he is actually a pretty nice guy based on about 10 mins with him at a golf course up in Indian Hill I think it was

8 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

I hate the Bengals but he is actually a pretty nice guy based on about 10 mins with him at a golf course up in Indian Hill I think it was

Woo, thanks for the reminder.  Greg Norman helped me out of a sand trap on the south course at Firestone once. Forgot about that one.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tonik said:

Woo, thanks for the reminder.  Greg Norman helped me out of a sand trap on the south course at Firestone once. Forgot about that one.

oh I actually have a sorta Greg Norman story. I've tied a boat up to his private dock at this mansion down in FL with his permission but I never got to meet him

Thinking about it...I've met quite a few celebrities. The most time I spent with one is Doug Flutie. My best friend growing up used to live next to Doug's family in Natick MA when my friend was very young. Doug and his family would come stay at my friend's motel where I lived in NY (years later of course). We spent several days hanging out with him and his wife over the course of a few years. Threw a football with him, rode in his Porsche, etc. I was 15-16 at the time and his wife's sister's showed up with them one year - my age, and were HAWT. They were huge snobs though...wouldn't give me or my friend the time of day but it didn't stop us from trying to get some action though :)

I was once on a certain airplane ( as a result of getting connected through every major airport on the east coast of Australia to get home 1 hr earlier than my original ticket)

10 rows from the Dalai Lama.

For his in flight movie he was watching, A Good Day to Die Hard

Edited by motocat12
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Casper said:

Starting to get excited. 

Weather looking pretty good.  I still plan on riding down, leaving super early Thursday. Slab to C-Bus then down 62 and across the river at Ripley.  Which sets you up for an awesome twisty run across 10/22.  FYI, I am leaving Saturday morning.  Have to come back and take our turn at watching Daves kids.

Should I post up about how you are giving a talk Sunday and that everyone here can watch it live on YouTube?  Or is that secret?

Just now, Wojo72 said:

Well shit!   I was going to sign up to go this year but completely spaced it.  Maybe next year.  ;(

Dude, you have connections.  If you want to go you are in. I MIGHT be able to get you a room at the Hyatt, but no promises.