Monday 9/19 anyone riding

NinjaDoc

Weather looks great, I might try to get out for a quick 200 miles by noon and get home by early evening. Weather looks perfect with high only 80. 

@Isaac's Papa u working night? 

@jacobhawkins making a guess if u gonna play wild card at work due to new set of wheels plus great weather 

anybody else ? 

1 hour ago, Ghostryder1krr said:

i am in where we meeting at?

Hi buddy, it will be nice to meet you. But this is one hell of a commute for you to make. Having said that if you still gonna make it i will bow my head to you and also take a route more west ward so as to leave you close to SW region. 

The following wall of txt you can fully ignore if you been doing exactly the same for many years, but just wanted to give a head up so took the time to type it all out since the time i took is 1/30000 of what it will take for you to commute all the way here 

Since your new to us and we dont know each other well i am thinking i should just give you couple of heads up so that you are not disappointed after this long haul. Ride is mostly back road twisty rides, no highway bombing, and there is no stunting and stuff. ( disclaimer:  i personally have no problem with stunter and stunting and i dont denounce that since what i do on bike is certainly not that perfectly ideal as well) What we do is almost a perfect replica of Pace (http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/pace) We usually try to tackle most corners at up to 3X the posted limit and keep it in just 65-70ish in straights, mostly cruise along with traffic. If a good set of corners are coming up we are at times forced to pass cars in double yellows. If any body is slow in corners they can easily catch up in straights, if not we always wait at the next intersection. If somebody is very fast usually let them go ahead in a good stretch of road. This doesnt mean they race down straight section in triple digit to hard brake and creep through corners making every one slow down and brake and loose rhythm etc. I am not trying to be preachy, just that it will be real downer if this is what you were not expecting and if you dont get to enjoy the day after making such a big trek over here. 

I will be on the daytona, prolly in full leathers since weather looks good. Bike is still new to me but pace will be medium fastish. Always slow down for blind corners and apex hills and broken pavements. Always always always  slow down passing through small town under speed limit. Almost Full throttle for clean see through fully visible corners :D 

As soon as i see how the day is progressing i will either txt you or post here by 9 am. about a final time. Wont be later than 13:00, address as pauly posted. And i said before if you come by will try to go as far SW as we can, so your trek back will be much much shorter  have to be back home by 5ish time. 

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Hmmm, this has my interest.  It'd be tough to get out of work very early, where were you thinking of riding, I may meet you when you're headed back home?

i think i still have your number jacob, i will txt you if we are around your zone at all. But i am thinking unlikely since by 4 we want to be ( should be) heading half way back. I am thinking pauly also must be working that night. If GR is not coming we prolly stick close to east ward route. If you can get out early by some miracle let me know i can come pick you up in new concord, at least to say hi and ride few miles before splitting off. 

@Isaac's Papa pauly i am guessing you have to home by 5 at least since you work monday night shift? 

• Upvote 1

@B-Mac Brian will be nice to meet you, If GR is coming down prolly thinking to touch new concord  (if time permits) If thats the case it will take us about an hour to 1.5 hr via back roads to get to new concord.  So prolly btw 2:00 and 2:30. thinking to head down 83 and then 78 may be if time permits all the way to glouster. Just to get him close to SW area. That new pavement is really delicious. But if not we prolly gonna stay east of 77 mostly. Actually pretty okay stuff for us extreme easterners closer in this region. 

With one txt jerry kinda talked sense into me lol Scratch up to glouster idea, don't think we will ever get time to go that far west :) 

" his txt was something like this, since your starting in the evening may be you should go to hundred and come back Tuesday " :lol: 

Doc, I am heading out early AM to Marietta area for curves and lunch. Return and video 676W to Watertown. 339N to Beverly, 83N to New Concord, Hit my favorite coffee shop next to the Glen Museum parking lot. Fuel at the Gas Mart and return home 83/78 via.Glouster. If I don't see a time frame for your 83S New Concord pass thru I will assume you headed east. Have fun and stay safe. Brian

Just read now your post above. :cry: Next Time.

Edited by B-Mac

11 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Mmmm, love that bike.  Route idea?  I'll be leaving Columbus at 4:00, probably can't make it out in time for anything, but maybe pass you on the way back.  Fucking work on motorcycle days.

Every day is a motorcycle day!

Home safe too, I was sleeping the whole ride :DThe 5 hour energy drink not working like it used to any more. finally woke up when I followed you home.  it was fun following u back Pauly, thx for the tow. Slabbing would have sucked if I opted for that. I just can't get used to this aggressive position. After all the high handle bar riding this feels ridiculous. One thing I am sure about now. Need to sell this bike off, and prolly the strom as well, and just call it quits.  Now time to sleep. When I wake up I be like let's ride again and the madness restarts. 

It it was great seeing you buddy, if you were not coming all the way I would have called the ride off today. Hope you had some fun. 

Edited by NinjaDoc