Sena Ride Connected APP

DerekClouser

http://www.sena.com/rideconnected-app/

Allows you to communicate in large radius groups with large groups of people as long as you have mobile service.   Should really push the envelope in group intercom.  All SENA products are compatible as well as long as they have the current firmware.  

Thoughts?  @Tonik Needs to get it so we can talk to him without linking to his sena.. :lol: 

46 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Allows you to communicate in large radius groups with large groups of people as long as you have mobile service.   Should really push the envelope in group intercom.  All SENA products are compatible as well as long as they have the current firmware.  

Thoughts?  @Tonik Needs to get it so we can talk to him without linking to his sena.. :lol: 

I wish I could connect to his Sena so that he could hear me, but I didn't have to hear him. That would be fun. 

Well, I know for a fact this app would be useless in most of WV and the Deal's Gap area. Could be cool for organizing group rides in SE Ohio though, as it seems that you can connect with your group from anywhere as long as you have the 4 digit code. 

@DerekClouser leaves home in Cleveland at 7am, starts group.

@Tonik leaves home in Cleveland, says fuck you all and we never see or hear from him all day.

@JustinNck1 leaves Marietta to meet up with Derek&Co, joins Sena app at 8am and lets Derek know he's en-route. 

@what leaves Columbus at 8am to meet up with Derek and Justin, joins Sena app and lets group know his Triumph is out of battery fluid, has to go fill up and will be late.

Kinda cool I guess. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

80% of our riding area has little to no cell service, let alone data good enough to support voice.

13 minutes ago, whaler said:

80% of our riding area has little to no cell service, let alone data good enough to support voice.

Exactly why I've been thinking about getting a satcomm or something. There's hardly any signal in southern Ohio on the fun roads. 

I don't need any more apps that use data. I go out in the country where there is no service to enjoy the roads (I now have a SPOT tracker in case I am in trouble). Heck my Sena is used just for music 95% of the time. I can see this being a cool feature, but sounds like more hassle.

7 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I go out in the country where there is no service to enjoy the roads

Exactly.  If I wanted to talk to people I would buy a convertible and invite them along.  Sena is for tunes and if the wife wants to call.  Everyone else can FOAD.

• Upvote 1

Only thing I ever use the Sena for is talking to my wife, and I don't even like to do that.  My helmet speakers plug right into my sat radio...no f-ing batteries to have to charge or die after 10+ hrs of riding.  Plus, my Sena sucks in the rain.  

18 minutes ago, PhilD'oh! said:

Only thing I ever use the Sena for is talking to my wife, and I don't even like to do that.  My helmet speakers plug right into my sat radio...no f-ing batteries to have to charge or die after 10+ hrs of riding.  Plus, my Sena sucks in the rain.  

Oh man. I thought mine was possessed the first time I got caught in the rain with it. 

10 hours ago, whaler said:

You always have the option for Bluetooth intercom and still keep that ~1mi radius to your other peeps for those times. 

24 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

You always have the option for Bluetooth intercom and still keep that ~1mi radius to your other peeps for those times. 

And how in the hell am I supposed to do that, I was doing 105 on 83 and you blew my doors right the fuck off.  Figuratively speaking, since I don't have doors.

38 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

Buy a 'real' bike. 

30 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

I wonder if tonik gets an alert for every time I post now since I put him as a tag in my signature.  Verify?

If I bought a 'real bike' where would I put the tools we needed to fix yours when it broke down?

Nope, that doesn't notify me. But nice try noob.

26 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Jesus that was a close one.

Were passing ahole bicyclist IIRC who swerved out into our "stream" 

Can't remember the last time I braked that hard at speed and heard that tire howl. 

20 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Bicyclist should have enough room to swerve if proper passing distance was maintained. 

FUCK THAT 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Danimal said:

Jesus that was a close one.

Were passing ahole bicyclist IIRC who swerved out into our "stream" 

Can't remember the last time I braked that hard at speed and heard that tire howl. 

I don't remember exactly what happened but thats the only time during the trip I saw more smoke coming from your rear tire than from your helmet.