Great news Harley peeps!!!

Tonik

The owners of give them a bad wrap. Their a good bike, I've personally seen 100k mile baggers with little to no issues. Sad part is most pirates buy them, never maintain them, and do stupid shit like burnouts and let them sit outside it's entire life. Just like any bike, if you neglect it, its gonna have problems. MSRP is stupid high, but good thing idiots trade them in after a year and you can find deals.

Just now, Isaac's Papa said:

"Harley wobble" defies the laws of physics. They're quality parts assembled in a terrible fashion. I'd buy a BMW before I bought a Harley Davidson. 

Wobble is typical in big ass heavy cruisers owned by dumbasses that don't take care of their steering bearings.

I've never seen or felt the Harley Wobble in person. I've rode an electra glide with 85,000 miles floorboards dragging at 60 mph and never had an issue. Suspension had never been touched. I have seen enough BMW issues after a short term of ownership to not care for another. In a years time of owning, I had a fuel tank warp, fork seals go out, abs malfunctioning, and the one of the worst twisting throttles that is considered "normal".

Just now, JustinNck1 said:

I've never seen or felt the Harley Wobble in person. I've rode an electra glide with 85,000 miles floorboards dragging at 60 mph and never had an issue. Suspension had never been touched. I have seen enough BMW issues after a short term of ownership to not care for another. In a years time of owning, I had a fuel tank warp, fork seals go out, abs malfunctioning, and the one of the worst twisting throttles that is considered "normal".

Justin, you are arguing about build quality with someone that owns multiple Ducati's.

2 hours ago, magley64 said:

"POS" doesn't just apply to build quality, they're horribly underpowered.

I blew the doors off a brand new Harley in a drag race with an 83 Honda 450 that I bought for $175.

Yeah....my buddy spent big coin on his electra....TONS of problems with it. 

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Now when you buy your new bike you don't even have to leave the dealership!!!

http://www.ohio.com/business/get-your-motor-running-craft-brewery-opens-inside-ohio-harley-davidson-dealership-1.741616

Really????  Because riding and alcohol mix so well!  I wonder if this place splits the DWI fines with the local cops?

Edited by Qman

Finally someone gets it.  This isn't about Harleys suck.  It's about a bar in a motorcycle dealership. I mean who the hell gets up one morning and says "I got a great idea, I'm gonna open a bar inside a motorcycle dealership". And what owner of a dealership said 'I sure hope someone calls me today and offers to open a bar in here'.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

They have come a long way (BMWs that is).  Put 56K troublefree miles on the last one!

14 minutes ago, Qman said:

They have come a long way (BMWs that is).  Put 56K troublefree miles on the last one!

Glad to hear. I've heard too many horror stories of rear drive failures, and I've seen several ABS unit failures. Wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't two grand to fix it yourself.

1 minute ago, Qman said:

Right???  How can you tell what year (or decade for that matter) a HD is?  Havent changed the look since 1942.:D

Vin number on the frame '70 up.  Pre '70 is motor number.  Usually on the left side above the timing plug.  But so many of them have been "re-numbered" or fully modified (new frame, new cases) it's almost a mute point.  I've got a '56 that most would not be sure of the year until they checked the engine number.

It is an oil leaking, maintenance $$$ hole in my garage, that I've owned since '78.  I'm going to be buried with it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Isaac's Papa said:

"Harley wobble" defies the laws of physics. They're quality parts assembled in a terrible fashion. I'd buy a BMW before I bought a Harley Davidson. 

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

Wobble is typical in big ass heavy cruisers owned by dumbasses that don't take care of their steering bearings.

I'm no expert, and for full disclosure, I haven't owned a H-D since I sold my '85 FXRS nearly 30 years ago....which, by the way, handled surprisingly well.  From what I've read on a few other forums, the wobble was a real problem for several models that had both rubber-mounted engines and rear swingarm--ostensibly to quell the vibes--and not an quality issue thru the entire line-up.  Pretty sure the newer models have been redesigned to eliminate this.