Ninja 650r exhaust question!

flashesbuck

Can anyone tell me if the catalytic converter is included in the silencer on the ninja 650r (2012-2016 model years) . I am trying to decide on a slip on of full exhaust system. Looking at Two brother stuff if anyone has any experience with this bike. 

TIA

There was a guy on here that ran an AutoZone cherry bomb glass pack on his ninja 650. Sounded like ass. Looked worse. 2 bros makes a nice pipe, but look into delkevic, I've put their full systems on bikes before, good looks, great sound and very affordable for a 100% stainless exhaust.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=8490_12840_12873_12878&category_string=Motorcycles %26gt%3B Kawasaki %26gt%3B 2013 %26gt%3B ER-6F ER6F Ninja 650 (2012-2016) > Complete Systems

They also make slip ons for the 650

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

There was a guy on here that ran an AutoZone cherry bomb glass pack on his ninja 650. Sounded like ass. Looked worse. 2 bros makes a nice pipe, but look into delkevic, I've put their full systems on bikes before, good looks, great sound and very affordable for a 100% stainless exhaust.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?route=product/category&path=8490_12840_12873_12878&category_string=Motorcycles %26gt%3B Kawasaki %26gt%3B 2013 %26gt%3B ER-6F ER6F Ninja 650 (2012-2016) > Complete Systems

The build quality is way beyond the price point.  Probably not as much engineering as a top tier exhaust with regard to power and sound waves, but for the money it's hard to do better.

the full systems i've installed form them are just copies of stock headers with their mufflers and mid pipes. they claim that they breathe identical to stock and that no adjustment is necessary and that's pretty much what i've seen as long as you keep the little torpedo baffle in the muffler. had a set on my old xj600 and it sounded great. 

Hi, I cannot speak for a 3rd gen 2012-2016 Ninja 650, as I have a 2009 2nd gen, but Yes the cat is built into the stock muffler!

I still have the stock system on my bike, but I have been looking and thinking of getting either a Full Delkevic system or a slip-on from "Scorpion"

(another UK exhaust company.)

Scorpion slip-on exhaust for my 2009 is like $386 SS or $459 for CF. They claim they NEVER need repacking, etc!

2 Bros:

has been known to fall apart with their CF pipes at the rivets, need repacking after 1,000-5,000 miles, etc.

The bandit I just sold had the Two brother carbon fiber system on it and absolutely loved the sound and quality of it. Now my F4i has a Two brother slip on and it's not as good of quality, and not nearly as good sounding as the bandit was. Makes me wonder if my F4i is a crappy copy.

I have been shopping and found the dalvic stuff, but worried about quality, being so cheap. If the cat is included with the silencer on this bike them I'll just get a slip-on. I really don't see a need to replace the header. Although I did just find a complete Two brothers system for the ninja for under $600 recently, and hence I started asking questions. 

16 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Yea thats the same guy that had that no squids sticker on his windscreen right?

5 minutes ago, flashesbuck said:

The bandit I just sold had the Two brother carbon fiber system on it and absolutely loved the sound and quality of it. Now my F4i has a Two brother slip on and it's not as good of quality, and not nearly as good sounding as the bandit was. Makes me wonder if my F4i is a crappy copy.

I have been shopping and found the dalvic stuff, but worried about quality, being so cheap. If the cat is included with the silencer on this bike them I'll just get a slip-on. I really don't see a need to replace the header. Although I did just find a complete Two brothers system for the ninja for under $600 recently, and hence I started asking questions. 

You cant compare the bandit vs the f4i. They arent even the same motor lol.

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Yea thats the same guy that had that no squids sticker on his windscreen right?

no, that's me. i have a no squidding sticker on my windscreen

this dude wadded his bike up a few years ago and hasn't been heard from since. forget his screen name. he was on a group ride with us tho tim, the same one i wadded my tl up on.

1 minute ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

no, that's me. i have a no squidding sticker on my windscreen

this dude wadded his bike up a few years ago and hasn't been heard from since. forget his screen name. he was on a group ride with us tho tim, the same one i wadded my tl up on.

It was red right? He also had a no squid sticker. A white squid with a red circle and line through it?

I turned for home right before you wadded the TL.

Edited by TimTheAzn

18 minutes ago, flashesbuck said:

I had a FMF slip on for my F4i. It was cheap and it sounded really good.

+1 For Delkevic.  I have a carbon fiber slip-on on my FZ1.  It is solid and sounds great, haven't had any issues.  I ran a standard stainless Delkevic slip-on on my previous FZ1 for many seasons without any issues or the need to repack.  For the money you can't go wrong.