Open Invite (Except Casper) Sunday cuz IP sucks.

Tonik

We always ate at the River Queen tavern across the river in Malta, burgers are good and they have what they call fried cheesecake that is excellent. They have a deck where you can eat overlooking the river but seating is limited out there if they are busy.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

We always ate at the River Queen tavern across the river in Malta, burgers are good and they have what they call fried cheesecake that is excellent. They have a deck where you can eat overlooking the river but seating is limited out there if they are busy.

I love that years after I've been there I finally find out the place we ate lunch at on a couple rides with Pauly

19 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Not the same place. 

well I stand corrected. That was my favorite part of riding with that usual group back then. I never knew where the hell I was (clearly still don't) but it was always fun and if I had to split off just hit the old "Take Me Home" button on the GPS

8 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I can tell you which gas stations have the best beef jerky :dunno:

You guys and your never stop never surrender attitude! @jschaf's packed peanut butter sandwich lunch while he waits for me at the next turn included. 

Hopefully this year I will only give him enough time to finish half the sandwich before I catch up. 

Just now, what said:

You guys and your never stop never surrender attitude! @jschaf's packed peanut butter sandwich lunch while he waits for me at the next turn included. 

Hopefully this year I will only give him enough time to finish half the sandwich before I catch up. 

We just always plan longish routes.  Stopping to eat means getting home later.

I rode with Gasser for 10+ years before I found out he was a vegetarian.  True story.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

We just always plan longish routes.  Stopping to eat means getting home later.

I rode with Gasser for 10+ years before I found out he was a vegetarian.  True story.

Don't get me wrong, I buy a granola bar for lunch and carry some apple sauce squeeze packs in my backpack to keep some calories in my system. It's a habit I picked up from riding with you guys though. Probably more specifically, my formative motorcycle years spent following Jim. 

10 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

I always like riding all day with just snacks and granola bars, then enjoy a dinner at the end of the day. I worry more about hydration than eating.

Electrolytes, it's what plants crave. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

ROASTED!!!!!!!

You just admitted to me "I have zero interest in spending money or my limited free time on a motorcycle". I think we should have a vote to lock you down to the for sale section until you buy another.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 2talltim said:

River Queen is by far the best down that way...try there Ribeye next time, absolutely phenomenal, for ten bucks you get Ribeye, baked potato and salad! Damn now i have to go down there, thanks Tim!!

3 minutes ago, bowdog said:

River Queen is by far the best down that way...try there Ribeye next time, absolutely phenomenal, for ten bucks you get Ribeye, baked potato and salad! Damn now i have to go down there, thanks Tim!!

Need a fishin shack trip.

• Upvote 1

+1 on River Queen. Forgot about that.

As for stopping for lunch, as all of you know I am a very sociable person that enjoys the company of others. So on a full day ride I prefer lunch.

Sunday was different, we had daylight limitations. And with the LEO delay good thing we didnt eat lunch.

• Upvote 1