My favorite bike of all time - The timeless Honda XR650L

Iron Pony

The timeless XR650L oozes versatility. Off-road, it eats up the dirt with power, suspension and durability. On-the-road, its light overall weight, electric starter and excellent fuel efficiency make it the perfect commuter, or even for long trips.
At the heart of this bike is an ultra-tough 644cc overhead cam engine with huge torque and power. To keep things simple and easy on maintenance, it’s air-cooled. And the engine’s gear-driven counterbalancer reduces tiring vibrations.
Get all the versatility you need with the XR650L. So whether you’re tackling a monster commute or taking it to the trails, you’ve got it covered.
Come see this trusty steed today at Pony Powersports!

XR650Lroad2.jpg

Given the market trending towards smaller displacement bikes, especially adventure bikes, Honda (and all the other Japanese brands) are foolish not to refresh this or make a street legal version of the 450. Both Honda and Yamaha have updated 250 dual sports...the 450's would be so easy to do.

Kawasaki make some effort with the KLR but it's still more a pig than the big red pig. I've owned and/or ridden most every small dual sport and outside of the very pricey Euro bikes, the XRL is my favorite. Bullet-proof, easy to work on, easy to find parts for, and fun to ride!