Tonik got a new one!

Tonik

what I love and hate about Kia is that they're available super cheap, but if you want any options, you're paying a ton for a Kia...

We bought my wife's Sorento with V6 and AWD, but it's got a pretty spartan interior, and not a great stereo.  The more nicely optioned models were not only more expensive, but lacked AWD and third-row seating.

Wife's was around $26k with just over 20k miles on it (a year old), but the fully optioned model of the same year tops $40k!

I dig fuel economy and space in a small package.  Will a bicycle fit inside the Nitro?

1 hour ago, redkow97 said:

what I love and hate about Kia is that they're available super cheap, but if you want any options, you're paying a ton for a Kia...

yup. Wife was looking at mini vans over the the winter and when she optioned them out with what she wanted she thought the Kia would be a boatload cheaper. Nope, maybe 2-3k less but for something around the $20k price point it wasn't enough to justify leaving the reliability of the Honda's and Toyota's

20 minutes ago, Bad324 said:

yup. Wife was looking at mini vans over the the winter and when she optioned them out with what she wanted she thought the Kia would be a boatload cheaper. Nope, maybe 2-3k less but for something around the $20k price point it wasn't enough to justify leaving the reliability of the Honda's

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2015/10/20/consumer-reports-most-reliable-brands/6.html

29 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I can fit two bicycles inside my Cruze. That thing should have room. 

The advantages of being short. I can barely fit my bike inside of an Equinox with both seats lain flat without disassembly. 

Craig

So the car will use my phone as a hotspot for software updates and to use Google search for Nav. It has built in POI's but google is all encompassing of course. Phones can't be a hotspot while wifi is on. That means get in the car, turn off wifi and turn on the hotspot. PITA.

Genius that I am I got an app called Tasker. It watches for the phone to bluetooth connect to the car. When it sees that it automagically does the hotspot for me. And when I walk away and drop the Bluetooth connection it turns wifi back on.

First world problem solved!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tall_tracy said:

Nice car!!  So will you be out saving whales & rhinos??  ?  

Seems pretty thought out & optioned for a small hybrid.  Does yours have the wireless charger like in the video?  I'm thinking about adding a wireless charger to my GTI.

Thanks!!

Yep, it has the wireless charger.  It also supports Android Auto or iPhone Carplay.  Just plug the phone in via USB and the phone is fully accessible via the touch screen. There is no option available on this car that I don't have.

And to hell with the rhinos and whales. There are plenty of hippies to do that.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

So the car will use my phone as a hotspot for software updates and to use Google search for Nav. It has built in POI's but google is all encompassing of course. Phones can't be a hotspot while wifi is on. That means get in the car, turn off wifi and turn on the hotspot. PITA.

Genius that I am I got an app called Tasker. It watches for the phone to bluetooth connect to the car. When it sees that it automagically does the hotspot for me. And when I walk away and drop the Bluetooth connection it turns wifi back on.

First world problem solved!!

I installed a google tablet as my radio and been using pandora and google maps for about 4 years now. Tasker is one of the best apps ever created. On the tablet it will turn the wifi/bluetooth/gps on and off whenever the car turns on and off to help save battery. Also keeps the screen awake while car is on. 

Edited by ludwb675