Tonik got a new one!

Tonik

Speaking of the mirrors when I back up they adjust downward so you can see better.

But so far the best part is the adaptive cruise. I'll never own a car without it again.

Averaging 41 mpgs so far.

Edited by Tonik

My mirros fold when the car is off and I really like that feature too. On my previous car, you had to do it manually every time. My wife's Touareg did the folding mirrors as well. Save people from hitting them with doors or bumping them as they are walking between cars.

Adaptive cruise is nice but I have one gripe about it and it's mainly a result of driving habit. Normally when you are driving along on the interstate and you are going to pass someone, you wait until you are relatively close to the car in front of you before getting over - especially if some asshat is driving slow in the fast lane and you need to get far enough ahead of them first. With the adaptive cruise, I find that my car starts to slow down and match the speed of the car ahead before I'm ready to get over so it gets to be annoying. Of course, it may be different on every car brand and as I said, it's partly based on behavior so YMMV.

Edited by ScubaCinci

35 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

Adaptive cruise is nice but I have one gripe about it and it's mainly a result of driving habit. Normally when you are driving along on the interstate and you are going to pass someone, you wait until you are relatively close to the car in front of you before getting over - especially if some asshat is driving slow in the fast lane and you need to get far enough ahead of them first. With the adaptive cruise, I find that my car starts to slow down and match the speed of the car ahead before I'm ready to get over so it gets to be annoying. Of course, it may be different on every car brand and as I said, it's partly based on behavior so YMMV.

On my as yet unidentified car the distance it starts pacing the car in front is adjustable.  I can make it wait until you are very close.

25 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Remember the old days when drivers ed taught to just look out the back when reversing

I got a rear camera for that now. And radar that beeps if something is anywhere near the back, front or sides.

Edited by Tonik

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

On my as yet unidentified car the distance it starts pacing the car in front is adjustable.  I can make it wait until you are very close.

Mine is adjustable as well but apparently the lawyers for MB are more cautious that the ones at Kia.

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

My 2001 BMW had power folding mirrors and also adjusted downward when I put it in reverse. :dunno:

Did your shitty BMW or @Isaac's Papa 's POS Infinity unfold the mirrors, unlock and turn on the interior lights as you walked up to the car? 

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Did your shitty BMW or @Isaac's Papa 's POS Infinity unfold the mirrors, unlock and turn on the interior lights as you walked up to the car? 

Yes (when I pressed my key fob.) My 2004 explorer also did that and turn on the puddle lights on the exterior. 

Just now, Tonik said:

Wait, you had a BMW?  :gay:

Yea, an M5. Not gay. Super awesome.