RENT for a week

Jan

12 minutes ago, Bubba said:

So your saying I may be dealing with John Wick?  If so, he can take anything I've got, including my woman.  That's one bad dude!!!

well, in my fanfic, you were playing the role of john wick/liam neeson but we can make this work.  this plot line edit will require that you fly over to the Czech Republic and commit a couple minor acts of genocide and we can go from there.

I find myself in the Czech Republic at least once a year and my family name means "silver" in Czech.  I would loan the guy a bike if I had an extra that wasn't currently torn apart.  The more I travel the world, the more I find myself trusting people.  

A few years ago I started asking around the FJR forums about renting a bike in Sydney.  In a very short amount of time I was connected with an Aussie named Phil who, after some texts and a little FaceTime, offered to let me use his own FJR for a couple days.  I was floored by the generosity from a (mostly) complete stranger.   I ended up renting a VFR because a stock FJR is just a bit too tall for me to handle comfortable, especially while trying to get used to being on the wrong side of the road.  Phil, his buddy Pat and I rode an entire day together in the Blue Mountains, then we ate dinner with Phil's family and they let me crash for the night in a spare bedroom.  Awesome people!  We still talk regularly and hoping that I get a chance to repay him in my home country.

It's easy to be suspicious, you should be, but in the end, the things I did in life will far outweigh the stuff I had. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Dude has a pretty good online trail that matches up with his story.  He would have to have been planning this for a long long time or he ripped of another's identity. And don't mess with him, he can beat your ass.  I bet he looks like this:

c'mon tonik. If I was catfishing online i would steal a real person's name too. 

google "nba double catfish". 28.6 million results (how many nba are there even?)

https://www.google.com/search?num=20&q=nba+double+catfish&oq=nba+double+catfish&gs_l=serp.3...114069.115292.0.115764.7.7.0.0.0.0.75.442.7.7.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.aKamj3h3jJ0

2 hours ago, PhilD'oh! said:

It's easy to be suspicious, you should be, but in the end, the things I did in life will far outweigh the stuff I had. 

I like this..well said!

Jan, we can all vouch for Bubba - he's good people. Figured I would throw that in since no has worked the angle "Czech citizen goes missing in Ohio". We already had a Cincinnati area guy arrested for keeping a lady in a pit behind his house and underneath his shed this week.

Also, on the subject of bike rentals, PJ (formerly of PJ's Parts) has a new business where he rents bikes out in the Gap area. www.pjschurchofspeed.com

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

We already had a Cincinnati area guy arrested for keeping a lady in a pit behind his house and underneath his shed this week.

Joe:  What's wrong with that?  I mean as long as she's of the age of consent...I mean, how else ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm?

There was a time not that many years ago that I'd have PAID someone to kidnap my teenage daughter and throw her in a pit.

4 hours ago, Tonik said:

Kid and I did that long ago.

So, you two worked with Trump and the Russians to give the Trumpster the election by hacking everyone on the OR and voting for us.... about as plausible as the stories by CNN & MSNBC on the election conspiracy. 

2 minutes ago, ricer1 said:

So, you two worked with Trump and the Russians to give the Trumpster the election by hacking everyone on the OR and voting for us.... about as plausible as the stories by CNN & MSNBC on the election conspiracy. 

Thats far too much effort. He used to be the CSO for Diebol.

5 hours ago, motocat12 said:

:popcorn:

This is ohio, did you pack your hi-vis gear?

I ran a red light and the one car about to enter from the right stopped for me. Maybe the gear helped? I have some bright green and white.

I was looking too far ahead for a turn through multiple lights. There were a bunch of lights close together. As I was about to enter the intersection I looked up and it was red. Maybe it just changed. Don't know. Went for the front brake, but true to my long streak of luck (and a driver minding the traffic--thank you!) I didn't need to get drastic.

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Hocking Hills is the closest.  Then east from there.

Seems further than 45 minutes? (The only thing holding me back now as far as distance goes is windnoise. Ear plugs help, but I had ringing in my ears before I even started riding.)

19 hours ago, Bubba said:

I presume you plan on leaving your rental car here for the time you have the bike? 

That's a good plan Bubba, thanks....I am busy here in Akron but half done. Will let you know. I have got ATT number today, +13303223761

Tonik, you do what I do :)) That's me about ages ago

If you want my trail, here is something for ya....sorry for dumb pictures...I just took google photos and searched "moto"

https://goo.gl/photos/a9YZh8cGWzerwfnQ9

I smiled through those posts, you are a nice gang! :)

Edited by Jan
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Jan said:

That's a good plan Bubba, thanks....I am busy here in Akron but half done. Will let you know. I have got ATT number today, +13303223761

Tonik, you do what I do :)) That's me about ages ago

If you want my trail, here is something for ya....sorry for dumb pictures...I just took google photos and searched "moto"

https://goo.gl/photos/a9YZh8cGWzerwfnQ9

I smiled through those posts, you are a nice gang! :)

How much longer in Akron. I'll buy you a beer tomorrow night if you are still here.

• Upvote 2

Tonik, I want to leave tomorrow noon to have a kendo lesson in Columbus with local Katayama sensei :D btw, he borrows me a shinai...cause they are too long to be carried easily hahaa, I am so cheap

but I am free now! if you ring me +13303223761 I will dring a beer or few as I haven't tried yet and Czech beer is really good

Jan:  Couple of questions and a suggestion:

1) Do you want me to put the soft luggage panniers on for your trip?

2) Do you need to borrow a helmet and or MC jacket?  I have an extra that is actually very clean, but fit may be an issue.

3) Keep me in the loop as to timing.  The earlier you can provide me with your schedule, the better.  I'm assuming you'll be here Sat morning but the weather looks better for Friday evening than Sat AM.  I have a scheduling conflict and may not be home later Sat after 3 PM.

4) If you are not crunched for time when you pick up the bike, you will be within 20 minutes of some of the finest roads within 100-150+ miles of Cincinnati-Columbus.  I'd be happy to show some of the great rural routes in northern Kentucky--right across the river--where I do most of my riding.  If you get here early enough, I can plan a 100-150 mile (2.5-4 hr) route to show you around the countryside just south of my house.  If your schedule permits it, it's worth your time!  Again, lemeno.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jan said:

Tonik, I want to leave tomorrow noon to have a kendo lesson in Columbus with local Katayama sensei :D btw, he borrows me a shinai...cause they are too long to be carried easily hahaa, I am so cheap

but I am free now! if you ring me +13303223761 I will dring a beer or few as I haven't tried yet and Czech beer is really good

Hope you enjoy your time in Columbus.

If you're a fan of Barbecue, head to Ray Ray's Hog Pit. If I were to recommend 1 fairly priced food stop in town, that would be it. Since you mentioned Kendo, if you're looking for good Japanese food, Akai Hana is where you want to go. They have a pretty nice little market there now too with Japanese goods. 

Edited by what