Strapless motorcycle transport

Hoblick

I hate using straps, and I didn't feel like spending $350 for a pitbull TRS, so I decided to make my own.  Granted I copied a lot from the Pitbull stuff, I have way less in my setup than what they cost.  The first one I did (for my bike) was a lot of trial and error, but once I figured out how I wanted everything to go, everything is a lot easier now.

i had a local guy to me, machine pins for the axel, and drilled the main hoop and axel pins and have a pin that goes through to keep them in place.  

The base isn't as quick as the pitbull, but it works and is secure.  A nut was welded to a piece a flat stock that is welded to the main hoop, and the base has tabs with holes so you can just bolt it right up.  It's rock solid once in place.

everything will get powder coated here shortly.

IMG_6399.jpg

IMG_6400.jpg 

IMG_6402.jpg

This one I'm making for a buddy, this is the start, but cleaner, and I've modified it some.IMG_6409.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 3

Finishing up the stand for my buddies FZ09.  The pins were a little more tricky.  Same guy machined them for me, but the right side pin was a small diameter.  So for extra support I sacrificed a socket lol, I tig welded the cut piece of socket on to the pin. The pin sits inside the axel, and the sock hugs the axel nut.

8pRf81e.jpg

MowfAGD.jpg

got the pins drilled for the safety pins, and welded up the side plates used for mounting.

K52jLuc.jpg

i still need to drill the hole and weld the nuts on the mount plates, then make the base.  Then it will get some powdercoat.  We will get to test these out very soon, as we are heading to deals gap Thursday morning.

• Upvote 1