New Bike!

Todd#43

Might as well go down to the local precinct and give them your license. You're gonna be a street riding hooligan on that thing!!!

By the way, you ought to come up to Mid-Ohio May 21st for the KTM days...

SUPER cool ride. The front tire will look new forever as you'll be on the back wheel constantly!!

THAT is just straight up sexy, Todd! It looks like the perfect combination of fun and trouble, with just the right amount of each.
Might as well go down to the local precinct and give them your license. You're gonna be a street riding hooligan on that thing!!!

By the way, you ought to come up to Mid-Ohio May 21st for the KTM days...

SUPER cool ride. The front tire will look new forever as you'll be on the back wheel constantly!!

I rode it *briefly* today - only because the guy that I bought it from was a former customer from my MPH days, and it was kida shitty up here. I like it MUCH better than the DRZ I hopped on a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to have a lot more power too.

I'll hopefully pick it up tomorrow...I'll let you know about the license thing. :D

By the way...what's the KTM days at Mid Ohio all about?

I'm expecting to have a lot of fun on it...time will tell.

The orange is pretty cool - its not the typical KTM Mx orange (since the Duke's have painted plastics). Its got a nice flake to it.

I'll post some pics after I pick it up.

I've heard & read nothing but good & fun about those bikes.....Though the word "Hooligan" is usually endearingly spoken soon after!! :D

Thats part of the reason I bought it.

I wanted a motard, but everything I was running into was more race oriented than street - small displacement, or HIGH maintenance. The Duke is more street oriented than most, and the maintenance intervals are longer which suits me better.

I like carving up the twisties - I've dont enough 120+ blasts through the straights, so I'm guessing that this bike should do a good job scratching my itch...

Thanks for the comments everyone...

By the way...what's the KTM days at Mid Ohio all about?

They added the May 21st event at the last minute. You'd have to check with McCunes Cycle Center in Mansfield to see if they know anything.

I'll ask Monte what can be done, but here is a link for some info. The July event is going to unvail the RC8, too!

http://www.ktmusa.com/Detail.223.20.html?&nodeID=100407&cHash=2a81f03323

McCune's number/info is:

327 ASHLAND ROAD

44905 MANSFIELD (OH)

Tel: 419-524-2222

Fax: 419-522-2287

Jerry at Cleveland/Akron should know something, as well... Get to him quick. I heard he's leaving. I haven't talked to him yet, but a buddy stated he put his two weeks in last week...

I kinda doubt that I'll be able to make it down on the 21st anyway - in the process of moving, and I'm just wayyyy too busy with work to blow out a day during the week. July is possible but I'll have to see what's going on then.

I ran into Jerry about two weeks ago - I was in his neighborhood, and he had ALL his bikes in the driveway. I stopped and we bs'ed for a while but he never said anything about leaving C-A. I'll have to give him a call - I want a black SM fender for the Duke anyway.

Uhhmmmm.. I thought that was a hyper motard. :broke:

No, Ducati has the Hyper-Motard. Its a big twin version, like 1000cc or something. WAYYYYYY expensive.

This is a 625cc Single...it actually has a kickstarter, but I dont EVER want to try to kick it....

Hyper motard is 1100, and it is wasy expensive... but its fucking awesome. Extreme wheelie machine! :eek:

They are all wheelie machines your turd nugget.. I want to see you come ride my dirtbike and end up on your ass. :burnout::p

I will have to get a few phone books for you to stand on so that you can get up on it.. :):) We need to get you a yoda suit to ride it in though.