Saturday ADV (lite) Ride

B-Mac

11am. Thornville, OH. SR 13 and 204 circles gas station.

Route go's out to M.Bucket, north to New Concord---Dresden--Zanseville--Glenford and to the start.

Easy, Lite Gravel and assfault. Big Bike friendly 90/10 tires ok.

• Upvote 1

What kinds of bikes usually make these rides?  I've got an excf with dot knobbies that I use at Wayne and Perry.  It's great for single track & hill climbs, but these tires are not very good over 60mph on the street.   I can switch tires to make it more street friendly, but I really like riding single track.  I have been watching the market for a lighter adventure bike, but craigslist has jumped the shark. 

This will be more pavement than I normally select. Save your exsf for my dirty rides around wayne . this will be a bike bike cruise if I remember it, it's been awile.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:33 AM, B-Mac said:

This will be more pavement than I normally select. Save your exsf for my dirty rides around wayne . this will be a bike bike cruise if I remember it, it's been awhile.

Great Time was had. saw some OR street-bikes at the Marathon in McConnelsville. 220 miles for me. more street than dirt this time.

100_0404.thumb.JPG.0e8d5377b36e57d9e252009b8e08752e.JPG

Bridge crossing..png

stream.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AdventureRidersOhio/?ref=bookmarks

I rode my street bike with these guys about a week ago. They do easy to difficult rides. The easy ride was really easy since my street bike with sport touring tires didn't struggle keeping up.

Yea, I am not on FB but I have seen there site before it went privet and they do seem to have a growing group. U.P. I hope to see you on more ADV rides

Jason, Who came along on our ride is on the FB team. He and I have done some riding in past years in OH & IN. He just had a FB ride in Hocking Hills on 05/02/20:

We left right at 10 after the organizer man conducted his opening ceremonies. We were getting our gear on and sitting on the bikes ready to hit the start button.
We had to get away from the pack and get out front. I made sure I power slid around the gravel corners to help direct you and your friend. I hope the tracks helped.
We completed the route by 13:30 with a few old man pee stops and a 15min snack stop on the route. Thanks for the great route and we will try again soon.

HVFB Ride...JPG
We turned around at power plant and Infirmary road. No need to go into McArthur. Also SFDemo broke off to head home.
HVFB Ride..JPG

Edited by B-Mac