FlyBy Week at Marietta, August 23-29

Shoop

14 hours ago, Pauly said:

You have piqued my ADV newbie interest. 

Well, get your butt over here that week. 

I'm probably going to take the WR out that weekend. I haven't scheduled any vacation for weekdays, yet, but I did block out any MSF classes for the weekend.

The organizer put a notice on the facebook page to say that the motels are close to selling out for this event.

If you want to stay right at the event, please get your rooms soon. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/224560089339510/?active_tab=discussion

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if you attend, please look me up.

I'll be helping, but don't have to do the cookout this year - since we aren't having one. 

BTW I've grown a beard. Guess I should update my icon.

Chris

On 8/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, Shoop said:

Guys, if you attend, please look me up.

I'll be helping, but don't have to do the cookout this year - since we aren't having one. 

BTW I've grown a beard. Guess I should update my icon.

Chris

Are you going to be available to ride Mon-Fri on your NEW bike during the weekdays of the event?

Edited by B-Mac

Brian,

I need to check my vacation balance. The wife and I are taking two plus weeks to drive cross country to my daughter's wedding at Yosemite park. I might be able to take a day. I'll check this week and let you know.

I've set aside TWO whole days. Prolly one for street and one for ADV and then flip a coin to decide for Saturday.

Brian - which week days are you likely to be there?

5 hours ago, Shoop said:

I've set aside TWO whole days. Prolly one for street and one for ADV and then flip a coin to decide for Saturday.

Brian - which week days are you likely to be there?

I have reservations in the Micro, Arrive Mon. Depart Sat. or earlier on the V-Strom so any style of riding is good for me.

I am waiting for weather forecast. I have a brother visiting Sat. Afternoon on his way to AZ. and we are riding to Slade, KY. Sunday AM. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Tonik said:

That sucks.

Maybe not so much. Last few days, it's been hotter here in mid-Ohio valley than it was in Houston. Daughter lives there. 

4 minutes ago, Shoop said:

Maybe not so much. Last few days, it's been hotter here in mid-Ohio valley than it was in Houston. Daughter lives there. 

Valid point. But you have a bike, and decent roads. He has a rental car and it is probably not a Ferrari.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Valid point. But you have a bike, and decent roads. He has a rental car and it is probably not a Ferrari.

Houston has soooo many cowboy bars. Gilley's Club is closed, but I'm sure he'll have a blast.  🤠

• Beer 1