My First Crash.. Was Not Pretty..

Ron Burgundy

Well me and my buddy went out riding on Tuesday.. Went out to eat and then on the way back we decided to trade bikes.. (dumb idea) but anyways the ride back was going good until i came up onto this sharp left corner that dropped down a hill.. the only i remember is going off the road and laying the bike down.. i smashed my face so hard into the ground that it knocked me out cold for a good 2 min. I woke up laying beside the bike about 40 yards from the turn in a persons driveway. I woke up with tunnel vison and could not remember a thing... at first i thought i might have been dreaming until my buddy came up on my bike asking me if i was alright.. but i just kept asking him.. "what happend? what happend?" but after i took some time to get my head on strait i relized that i did smash his bike up pretty good.. i walked up the hill and collected all of the pieces off of the hill.. Called my dad up and we loaded up the bike and headed to the house. When we got home i called a the sheriffs office to come and do a report so we could turn it in to the insurance company.. the deputy told me that i need to head to the hospital to get checked out.. so i went and spent the night in I.C.U. and found out i had a pretty good concussion and a pretty stoved up right shoulder. But think god for wearing a helment or i would be dead right now.. heres some pics of the crash..

bikesmashed.jpg

crash.jpg

so it is totalled then cuz last i heard it was still up in the air

i read on forbes facebook that it was but im not for positve yet so dont "quote" me on it... if seth wasnt a bum an would get on here an tell us we would know....

an to help fill the story in the corner he went down on is a corner right at the crest of a hill an it makes the front end real light as u hit the apex of the corner which causes the front to push an forces u to the outside of the corner an there is often gravel on the corner d/t ppl hitting the inside berm coming the other direction throwing into the east bound lane (seth direction of travel) bike wouldnt have been bad but it siad hello to a metal flower pot in a yard. needless to say but the bike lost that battle :boxing:

Glad to hear you had a lid on, and that you aren't hurt worse. Will keep you and the bike in my thought as I heal from my get off. My helmet paid for itself 10 times over, and yours did much more. Heal up soon!

sorry to hear about your wreck. sounds so similar to my wreck from last year and your second picture really freaked me out because I was in that exact same position. I hope you take some time to rest because 2 concussions in a short span can really scramble your brain...

Glad you're ok. Rest and heal.

Curious, did you get charged for not having a license? Didn't you say you don't have a license or something of that nature?:dunno:

Same thing I was just wonderin' Nick