Fatal Motorcycle Crash

RC51 John

Fatal Motorcycle Crash Closes Roads

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A fatal motorcycle accident has closed a heavily traveled road near the small town of Brice on the city's East Side, NBC 4's Mikaela Hunt reported.

Hunt reported the Friday morning accident involved a minivan and motorcycle on the corner of Gender and Shannon roads. She said the motorcycle is a Ducati, which is an Italian bike.

The on-the-scene police sergeant confirmed the motorcycle driver was transported to Grant Medical Center and pronounced dead at the hospital.

An on-the-scene witness told police the motorcycle was traveling southbound on Gender when the minivan, which was traveling eastbound, on Shannon turned left on Gender and pulled out in front of the motorcycle.

Police said there weren't any injuries to people in the van. Hunt cannot confirm whether the motorcyclist was female or male, but he or she was wearing a helmet.

Shannon Road was closed from Brice to Gender roads for several hours, and Gender remained closed at noon from Abbey Trails Drive to Wright Road, she reported.

Very sad, my thoughts and sympathy go out to his family.

The Shannon & Gender Rd is right by the World Harvest Church. I hate Gender Rd and trying to turn left onto Gender sucks. I'm sure she killed someone by being impatient. It pisses me off how drivers don't even stop at stop signs anymore.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is a very sad day. The motorcyclist killed this morning on Gender Rd is Bill from DesmOhio.

He was at the bike night last night. More details to come, but everyone please have him and his family in your thoughts and prayers. We will be having a group ride to his funeral.

http://10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/05/23/story_motorcycle_crash.html?sid=102

:(

So many people in vehicles do not look around. It tears me apart EVERY time I hear about another cyclist being killed due to a "moment" of inattention.

I hope we don't have any more riders perish because of stupidity, but that is all it will ever be, a Hope.

Take care, when you are out there.

RIP Bill.

RIP... My thoughts are with his wife and family..

I heard about this accident on the radio this morning without knowing any details...this is a very sad story. It seems like a rider dies every week in Columbus...cagers really need to start paying more attention!:mad:

Everybody please ride safe...ride like you are invisible!

RIP Bill.. sucks that this is the shit we have to deal with b/c we are passionate about motorcycles.

Fucking cagers and their lack of patience blows my mind sometimes. Even though I know the driver is probably feeling horrible about what has happened as well.. that doesnt change anything. Ride safe everyone!

Even though I know the driver is probably feeling horrible about what has happened as well..

Depends on why they're feeling horrible.......Because of the people they've hurt.........Or because they're scared for themselves & how they're gonna get out of it!!! :rolleyes: Look at the story about Isaac the other day, and the steps his murderer has taken to avoid his punishment :mad:

Sorry to hear this! Was he a member on here? What was his screen name? Sympathies to his family & friends eusa_pray.gif