Fatal Motorcycle Crash

RC51 John

We said goodbye to Bill in style last night, after going to the scene and washing his blood off the street with Amstel(his beer of choice) we proceeded to take some of his bike parts we found on the roadside and hit the town. We got a little crazy, were kicked out of the same bar twice, talked about Ducatis' and reminisced about good rides and great friends................just like he would have wanted.

Bill was a veteran of both gulf wars and the Panama conflict. His funeral is Wednesday with full military honors.

This picture was taken last summer after he returned from Iraq, Bill is on the far right. He gave rob (the guy in the middle holding the AR) one of his dog tags as he was getting ready to be deployed to Iraq himself and is over there now.

l_6000dada2189eff2fab959bff266c4a0.jpg

PLEASE ride safe everyone, lets have a safe Memorial holiday remembering those who gave their lives for this country..........both on the battlefield and off.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REporting from SAndusky...

Here is a follow up Channel 6 did. They went to the crash scene and got video of the banner we displayed. Even did a close up on a few signatures. VERY COOL. I encourage everyone to watch...

http://www.wsyx6.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/wsyx_vid_604.shtml

how would we do the ride for him? does his family mind if we ride in the funeral precession?

yota any word on this yet?

Not sure if we are able to ride to the funeral yet or not... I hope the family doesnt mind because that is what Bill would of wanted.

Not sure if we are able to ride to the funeral yet or not... I hope the family doesnt mind because that is what Bill would of wanted.

Keep us updated (i'm sure you would anyway) as i'm sure there would be a very big turn out for him.

thoughts and prayers to the family and wife!!!! Nothing in thier lives will be the same now!!!!!

....and those turning this thread into a discussion about the minivan driver being a murderer and the following "comebacks" should just leave it alone and NOT TURN THIS RIP THREAD TO A REGULAR DISCUSSION.....what if the family is reading this???? Just post condolances and keep the opinions to another thread or something....jeeeeesh

Columbus Dispatch Obituary

CULP

SSG William J Culp II of Pickerington, died as result of a traffic accident on Friday, May 23, 2008. Actively serving in the United States Army, graduated of Esperanza High School in 1986, attended Ohio Dominican College, attended Trinity Family Life Center, and was a member of Desmohio Motorcycle Club. Bill is survived by his wife, Esther Chen Culp; mother and step father, Melissa and Jerry Stiles of Pickerington; father, Bill Culp of Marion; brothers, David Culp of Columbus and Jeremy (Katie) Culp of Pickerington; sister, Elizabeth (Jason) Rock of Canal Winchester; grandmother, Rosemary Culp; father and mother-in-law, Stephen and Grace Chen; uncles and aunts, Tom (Alice) Snider, Jim (Kay) Snider, Neil (Katrina) Culp, and Don (Barbara) Culp; sister-in-law, Sara (Shuan) Li; brother-in-law, Andrew (Christine) Chen; nieces, Deborah, Emily, Nikki, Heidi, and Lillie; nephews, Gabe and Jacob; many other family members and friends, Bill's buddies Marty, Zoe, Clyde, and Libby his pets. He was preceded in death by grandparents Richard and Betty Culp and Betty and Robert Snider. Friends may visit 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at the DWAYNE R. SPENCE FUNERAL HOME, 550 Hill Road North, Pickerington. Funeral services will be held 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Trinity Family Life Center, 6389 Blacklick-Eastern Road NW, Pickerington, OH 43147 with Paster Scott Kelso officiating. Interment Violet Cemetery. Friends who wish may contribute to Best Friends Pet Rescue or St Jude's Children Hospital. Condolences can be sent to the family at http://www.spencefuneralhome.com

"To my beloved husband, who is in a better place. I will see you again, in Heaven... Your forever loving wife."

We are allowed to ride to the funeral. If people wanted to meet up somewhere and ride there, that would be fine. His wife knew that is what bill would of wanted. I am meeting with the desmo guys prior to the funeral and we are going to ride together. Anyone that wants to come to the funeral is more than welcome on 2 or 4 wheels. Thanks for everyone's support!

WOW, thats a shame. Gender is one of the worst roads in franklin county. I avoid it in my cage, not to mention the bike. The east side is getting more and more dangerous to ride as it becomes more crowded.

RIP Bill

does anyone near campus plan on going? we could meet up around here and then meet the rest of the gang at the final meeting place and go from there.

yota- is it a ride in the funeral precession ride or is it a show up at the funeral ride?

also i dont have a nice selection of clothes but i will dress as nice as i can with the clothes i have (all i got is blue jeans and a nice button down is that ok?)

We are allowed to ride to the funeral. If people wanted to meet up somewhere and ride there, that would be fine. His wife knew that is what bill would of wanted. I am meeting with the desmo guys prior to the funeral and we are going to ride together. Anyone that wants to come to the funeral is more than welcome on 2 or 4 wheels. Thanks for everyone's support!

Does anyone plan on riding there in the morning & where are you meeting?

I dont know that area at all.

The weather looks like it should be dry, 10% chance of rain and a temp of 52+

yota- is it a ride in the funeral precession ride or is it a show up at the funeral ride?

also i dont have a nice selection of clothes but i will dress as nice as i can with the clothes i have (all i got is blue jeans and a nice button down is that ok?)

I know the desmohio members are riding in the procession. Depending on how many people show up, im sure OR can join. As far as the clothes go man, I wouldnt worry about it, clothes are clothes, being there is more important than anything.