Rider down in Columbus

kinkinhood

Wanted to just post that there was a rider down at the intersection of I believe high and 4th(the intersection outside the hilton and near to the convention center). Silver sportbike, I think a CBR. He looked like his injury wasn't too bad and he was moving(parametics were keeping him from sitting up). His jeans looks like they took some damage, he didn't have a jacket on but I think there may have been a chance the jacket was removed off him(his shirt didn't seem to have any tears and didn't look like he had any road rash on the body). If anyone knows who it is tell them I give them my prayer to a speedy recovery!

He didn't have a jacket on when he was down on the ground, though there's a chance that the EMS had cut it off him at the scene(he had no visible road rash on the body and the shirt was untorn). His pants had a little bit of a tear to them as well as they had been cut by scissors.

I think it's funny when people mention gear but they act like their legs, feet, and ankles are not important. What's the point of just wearing a jacket? Hey I'm in a wheelchair, but damn I got no road rash on my arms. :rolleyes:. You're not wearing gear in my opinion unless you have pants and boots too. Jeans provide NO protection at all and ankles shatter like glass, sorry.

i have some icon superduty pants... i dont figure they will do much at all in a crash, but gotta be better than jeans. id feel a lot better if they had some armor in them.

I'm guilty of sporting nothing but a helmet, boots, gloves about 5x a season. Normally just when I'm riding to someones house or something. I sometimes excercise my freedom of choice. But I wear my full 2piece all the time I go out riding. I mainly use my bike for fast country rides so wearing my full gear doesn't bother me. I just felt like sharing my opinion on what I think wearing gear means. Good job on the pants John.:cool:

I'm always rather full on my gear for the main reason of I never know when I may get hit. There's always a chance some drunkard will smack me as I'm backing out of my driveway for all I know.

True, but in this case, gear doesnt do you much good. It is to protect you while sliding down the highway, it offers very little protection when hitting solid objects.

Just sayin.

True, but in this case, gear doesnt do you much good. It is to protect you while sliding down the highway, it offers very little protection when hitting solid objects.

Just sayin.

+1 no amount of leather is gonna help when going 60 - 0 in less than a sec

I have no problems with jeans (obviously) while out riding unless you are going real hard of course. I do take issue with the dumbasses sporting helmet, gloves with knuckle protection, and $300 jackets along with shorts and loosely tied tennis shoes though.

I always love the ones who wear the 300 dollar jacket, the 200 dollar pants, the 100 dollar gloves, and the 200 dollar boots, then they have a 200 dollar helmet...........sitting on the tail of their bike as they ride around.

I understand what you meant ROB. It just sounded like you meant gear is pointless because an object will likely kill you anways. Some goofy newbie or squid will see that and might decide you're right and not wear gear anymore. Yeah, they're ignorant like that bro.