Out with the old, in with the new (by 3 years)

verse

Okay. So I no longer have the Celica. :( I really loved that car, but it was time to let it go. I sold it to a good guy down in TN. He traded me a CLEAN '85 Corolla and $600 for my '82 Celica. It needs lowered, and I don't like the positive offset wheels(honda wheels), but they will stay that way for a bit. I'm going to lower it next weekend a bit I think. Here's some pictures.

http://www.unshadowed.com/verse/celica/byebye.jpg

Bye bye :(

http://www.unshadowed.com/verse/corolla/firstfill.jpg

http://www.unshadowed.com/verse/corolla/firstfill3.jpg

Originally posted by Buck531:

The stock 8 valve whatever single cam motor? or did he swap something else in?

Yeah it's a stock SR5 4AC motor. It's faster than my Celica, lol. I'm going to keep that motor for a little while, until I get the suspension tuned. I plan to get rid of those wheels soon to get something with a bit of a lip probably 14x7.5's. The Celica had some rust, no holes, some things didn't work. Everything on this car works, no rust, so I think I got a really good deal.

Originally posted by Nismo:

Nice deal. Its alot nicer than the one you got from me!

lol a little bit. That one is running great though. Just needs some new fenders and we'll be good to go. I'm going to repair the rockers soon too.

Because when you just say "Corolla" people tend to think you mean the FWD model that was released during the same years. It lets people know you mean a RWD Corolla from 1984-1987. One shop I took it to refused to believe it was RWD after I said it was a Corolla until they opened the hood. it's also hell of a lot quicker to say "I've got (an eight-six, an AE86, a hachi, a hachi-roku, etc.)" then to say "I have a rear wheel drive 1986 Corolla."

That and it just seems to be the way things go with a lot of japanese cars (esp. Toyota), people referring to them by their chassis code, instead of just the normal name.

Jon: If you really don't like those wheels I'd be willing to trade my Toyota wheels for it, pics are somewhere on this forum (the ones I took at Easton show the wheels I got my car with, though I really think the ones on yours look nice.)

Originally posted by Kuruma:

Jon: If you really don't like those wheels I'd be willing to trade my Toyota wheels for it, pics are somewhere on this forum (the ones I took at Easton show the wheels I got my car with, though I really think the ones on yours look nice.)

I already promised I'd give these wheels to Andy's neighbor when I get new wheels.

I'm not up that much on Corollas (I do know "hachi-roku" means "8-6" in Japanese from Initial D :D ) but as long as the '85 is RWD, that's all that matters.

I like the way it looks. Drop it in the weeds and smack on some old-skool 14s or 15s and that thing will be a decent runner!

As long as it's an SR5 or GT-S from that time, it's guaranteed to be RWD. It's a real shit that the only new Corollas available now are FWD sedans, no coupes, no hatchbacks. Can you say "poor people's Camry"? graemlins/nonono.gif

You really ought to do that mod that I posted about a while back, with the air cleaner swap. It'll still be a 4AC, thus slow as shit, but it really helps the car out by replacing the crappy stock air cleaner with a more free flowing one. Changed my setup a little bit too, eliminating the hose from the air cleaner to the valve cover and gave that it's own independant filter. $9 from Advance for one of those little APC ones, minor improvement, not too noticable but still an improvement.