Tire recomendations?

schmuckingham

I've heard great things about pilot power, metzeler z6, and i currently have a pair of pirelli diablo strada that i'm liking a lot...

Metzeler M3 are VERY grippy, but they seem to burn off too fast on a literbike

Shinko 003 Stealth tire on the rear here. Can't complain at all, stickey as all hell, handles amazingly, and cheap. I bought it because it's a cheap stickey tire for drag racing. but it's awesome in the corners too. feels just as good if not better than the dunlop I took off.

Shinko 003 Stealth tire on the rear here. Can't complain at all, stickey as all hell, handles amazingly, and cheap. I bought it because it's a cheap stickey tire for drag racing. but it's awesome in the corners too. feels just as good if not better than the dunlop I took off.

Whats the wear like?

Whats the wear like?

So far I've got 15 passes on it, and about 600 miles. But a guy I know has gotten over 5 out of his. I wanted a dual compound tire since 'busas eat rears like rabbits eat green shit, but this was all they had in stock and I was going to a track rental the next morning anyways. i figured WTH, turned out to be a good tire :cool:

So far I've got 15 passes on it, and about 600 miles. But a guy I know has gotten over 5 out of his. I wanted a dual compound tire since 'busas eat rears like rabbits eat green shit, but this was all they had in stock and I was going to a track rental the next morning anyways. i figured WTH, turned out to be a good tire :cool:

Might be too soft for all the commuting i do.

hey, I drive mine every day, it's my main form of transportation. I hate driving the trucks. I only drive them if it's raining on my way to work. If it's not, but it's gonna on the way home, I still take the bike. :D

I had Pony mount two Conti Road Attacks (same size as yours) on my Bandit 1200 before a track day last year. They worked fine all the way to the edges (novice class) and are wearing great on the street. Had Metzler Z06s before them and they wore well but never had on a track. My son has had good performance w/them on his YZF600R for the past year, also trackday novice.

Im getting ready to change out my rear tire this summer. Bought pilot powers for my bike and got around 5-6k miles out of them and now im noticing the rear tread is getting a little low. sad thing is i just bought them in august. But it is the only form of transportation that i have...

im most likely going to get a PP 2CT rear this time around (dual compound, medium center, soft sides as opposed to soft all around w/ pilot powers) and then come time to replace both of them i was going to give M3's a shot.

Im getting ready to change out my rear tire this summer. Bought pilot powers for my bike and got around 5-6k miles out of them and now im noticing the rear tread is getting a little low. sad thing is i just bought them in august. But it is the only form of transportation that i have...

im most likely going to get a PP 2CT rear this time around (dual compound, medium center, soft sides as opposed to soft all around w/ pilot powers) and then come time to replace both of them i was going to give M3's a shot.

you better do some more research on the pilot powers. the centers on the pilot power and 2ct are the same, but the 2ct has softer sides. There is a pilot road that is a dual compound that may be more to your liking.

you better do some more research on the pilot powers. the centers on the pilot power and 2ct are the same, but the 2ct has softer sides. There is a pilot road that is a dual compound that may be more to your liking.

hmm thanks for that info i still got some time before the paychecks come in so i will for sure look into that and what my options are.

if you want longevity get the pilot roads they are plenty sticky for the street and occasional track day...very occasional.. if you want performance go with the regular pilot power or the M3 the 2cts tend to get greasy during hot track days.

and yes the center of the regulars and the 2cts are the same.. i already asked that at another forum..

pilot powers!!!!!!!!!! screw the harder ones ....and as for the 2ct's....shit, you a pro rider? then i doubt you would notice the diff.....besides you will need new tires again next summer so :) get the pilots powers and decide if you like them for next year