Motorcycle Endorsement

magley64

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) 1999 Buell X1 Lightning

2) No, second time - First time I put my foot down twice on the slalom

3) It had a few different sections. 1 - 90* Turn then stop, turn had to be done within a certain 'L' outlined on the pavement. 2 - offset slalom. Cones were staggered left and right, then you had to weave on the OUTSIDE of each of the cones. 3 - U-turn within a box on the pavement. Above 500cc bikes had a bigger box, below 500cc bikes within a smaller box. 4 - 20+mph swerve L/R (depending on examiner - tells you at the last minute which way to go), then emergency stop within a certain distance without skidding the tire. This would've been back in 2001.

4) From my g/f's feedback, she just got her license through the MSF course. It was a lot of good instruction and you walk out with your license after an entire weekend of riding. Even though she has her license, she's too scared to take the bike out on the road still - I'm working on that with her, mostly clutch issues.

My way, took me a total of 2 hours of my time (since I had to ride down twice and back to take the test), but I'm not sure exactly what I missed out on by not taking the class since I'd been riding since I was a little kid.

I got told to slow down during MSF course because I was WOT all the time I circled around the parking lot to the beginning of the line. :lol: It was a good time. I passed first time. Only part that made me nervous was the figure 8 in the little square, but I did fine. The woman running it liked me and let me get away with lots of shit. I got a little burnout going while waiting in line for one of the drills once. :lol: It was a good time.:cool:

I got told to slow down during MSF course because I was WOT all the time I circled around the parking lot to the beginning of the line. :lol: It was a good time. I passed first time. Only part that made me nervous was the figure 8 in the little square, but I did fine. The woman running it liked me and let me get away with lots of shit. I got a little burnout going while waiting in line for one of the drills once. :lol: It was a good time.:cool:

im gonna try that ill let you know how it goes in august when i take the course

im gonna try that ill let you know how it goes in august when i take the course

:lol: It all depends how cool the instructor is. She told me it looks like I know what I'm doing, but to not speed like crazy across the parking lot to go back to the beginning of the line because it might frighten the other riders. It was true, but I had fun on that little 250.:cool: The burn out was shitty, because the bike didn't have enough power it seems. She heard a squeal and gave me a look and I acted like I didn't do anything and went about my business. I got ADD when I'm bored man.:nono:

:lol: It all depends how cool the instructor is. She told me it looks like I know what I'm doing, but to not speed like crazy across the parking lot to go back to the beginning of the line because it might frighten the other riders. It was true, but I had fun on that little 250.:cool: The burn out was shitty, because the bike didn't have enough power it seems. She heard a squeal and gave me a look and I acted like I didn't do anything and went about my business. I got ADD when I'm bored man.:nono:

did you piitb?

I haven't taken a safety course, yet. I'll probably take one when my g/f does. I took my test on a 600rr and passed the first time. This was after having my temporary permit 3 different times (I finally decided to take the test instead of letting it expire again, lol). The lady who gave me my test said she has never seen anybody weave the cones that fast..:dunno:

Took the MSF course. The first few drills sucks, powerwalking the bike. We had a few people in our group that couldn't get this so our instructor made us do this for ever. I learned a lot, good course.

You don't have your license?

Don't you have a blackbird? :dunno:

Yep, 2001 XX is my dream bike, and i got her a few months ago...

I've been riding since i was 8 (i got a minibike) when i turned 12 i traded up for a kawasaki 550 ltd...had a couple of CB750's since then, and have had my permit more times than i care to count: something always happens to get in my way (last year i couldn't get my bike to charge, so i needed a new battery every 15 miles or so)

1st time - Kowasocki 454. Got a hundy.

Moved away and didnt transfer my endorsement.

2nd time - Kanatuna. Got a hundy.

Riding since I was 5.

If you're new to riding, take the MSF. If not, take the test.

Nope, not new to riding, 6 years of exp..(legally)