American La mans at Mid-Ohio May 20th

Mojoe

Interesting you'd post this. Though I haven't been to Mid Ohio in years, I'm going to this event! The Corvette Club I belong to is attending along with a few other Corvette Clubs that Sunday. They say this race event is absolutely cool!!! I think the Vette clubs get some special place to park & display the cars? something like that - I don't care, just want to see this event with Vettes, Porsches, etc :D

Originally posted by The Stig:

Going, camping, this event rocks. Nothing like waking with the sun in your tent to the sounds of teams firing up and prepping their cars. I love the smell of race gas and smouldering brakes in themorning, smells like....victory. ;)

I woke up to 30 some odd spec Miatas dong a rolling start down the back straight last year. I will be there camping this year too.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

I woke up to 30 some odd spec Miatas dong a rolling start down the back straight last year. I will be there camping this year too.

thats cuz you like to sleep the fuck in! tongue.gif

Didn't you sleep through formula ford?

Originally posted by The Stig:

Didn't you sleep through formula ford?

Shit, I can't remember that much back that far. I vaguely remember sleeping through something Saturday afternoon, that might have been it. It wouldn't surprise me.

Hey, the spec Miata race was the first one that day. I didn't sleep in that late!

I called last week to check if it was free for military and the lady told me you could bring 4 family members for free also. I asked if it was immediate family only, because I want to bring my brother in-law and nephew, she said they don't get too picky about it. I would say they are pretty lax about it.

For those that are going to meet up for the drive on Sunday:

We are meeting at the McDonalds at Polaris. We will be leaving McDonalds at 7:30. The first race starts at 9:20. This should put us up there in time for good parking/seating and see the last warm up laps.