DSM vs. SUBY at norwalk ohio who was there?

Guest mitsumodder

Guest mitsumodder
did anyone else see the 1G blow up and burn to the ground? it was a sight to see and if you know anything about the shop that built it you are laughing your ass off right now. they are a bunch of hacks that have been ripping people off for years now. its great that they finally got what was coming to them.

Guest Scoobysnack

I saw it. Not funny. It didn't look like the driver was going to make it out at first. It took him awhile (Considering his car was on fire). Just a burnt flimsy shell remains of the car. Took nearly 15 mintues to get the fire out.

He had serious nitrous issues. It backed-fired then burst into flames. The nitrous kept spraying which made it virtually impossible to put the fire out. They had to wait until the nitrous was empty and the fire department to arrive. Annoucer said the explosion messed up a fuel line off, but I'm not sure.

I'd never seen so many cars with front mount intercoolers run 13's or even better yet 14's. Missing 2nd gear was a plague.

The car that burnt down was from Showdown Motorsports, located in Toledo. I don't think I would wish that on my worst enemy.

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by luong88888:

I'd never seen so many cars with front mount intercoolers run 13's or even better yet 14's. Missing 2nd gear was a plague.

The car that burnt down was from Showdown Motorsports, located in Toledo. I don't think I would wish that on my worst enemy.

I've never seen to so many awd cars that have drivers that can't drive.

I beat two STi's, several wrxs down the track. I don't think I was ever beat out off the line, even when I raced cars with alot more power. I raced against an Evo, that caught me at the end (and trapped 114), but I was ahead through 2nd.

People need to learn to launch.

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

What kind of 60s were you pulling Launch Masta?

Didn't say I was the launch masTar! Just that very few up there seemed to be able to do it, and must of the fast cars all have launch control. I only managed low 1.9's most of the day. A few 1.8's. The car sitting the way it is randomly decides to make power, as it deserpatley needs tuned. I ran my friend with exact same mods almost 4 times yesterday. Sometimes I would beat him, and other times my 3rd gear decided it was lunch hour and the car just went into slowmotion. I don't have the best 60's yesterday, but I was very consistent. I dialed in 14.00 and ran 14.04's all day. 14.00's on a stage 2 wrx that's cutting 1.9's and 1.8's is pretty weak. I plan on getting dyno tuned in the next couple weeks.

Orion, what are your mods? I can give you an idea of what it CAN run.

Originally posted by ScoobySnack:

Didn't say I was the launch masTar! Just that very few up there seemed to be able to do it, and must of the fast cars all have launch control. I only managed low 1.9's most of the day. A few 1.8's. The car sitting the way it is randomly decides to make power, as it deserpatley needs tuned. I ran my friend with exact same mods almost 4 times yesterday. Sometimes I would beat him, and other times my 3rd gear decided it was lunch hour and the car just went into slowmotion. I don't have the best 60's yesterday, but I was very consistent. I dialed in 14.00 and ran 14.04's all day. 14.00's on a stage 2 wrx that's cutting 1.9's and 1.8's is pretty weak. I plan on getting dyno tuned in the next couple weeks.

Orion, what are your mods? I can give you an idea of what it CAN run.

What did Heath run?

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by Mr. Z06:

What did Heath run?

Slow.

14's most of the day. He was panzy shifting he said. I ran him 5-6 times. He had trouble getting of the line to, but he usally caught up quick in 3rd.

He hit 13.9 once or twice.

Guest Scoobysnack

I ran 13.6 with a 1.8 60' without the Utec. (Had a unichip)

With the utec I have only gotten a 13.9 with a 1.9 60'. Using the Turbo XS stg 2 which is retardly rich and completely untuned for what I have.

In a week or two I plan on getting dyno tuned at the least. I should have my Frount mount and intake before I go. Won't help alot but I was hoping for around 240 at the wheels.

Sometime in June or July I'm either putting on a FP18g or doing a motor swap. I'm looking at a STi shortblock with forged pistons. (Axis stg 2)

Guest Scoobysnack
Originally posted by Orion:

nice...

me and you should get together once you get it tuned. probably be pretty close.

Sounds like fun. I think you'll pull me, but should be fun.

I may have to take a raincheck on that though. My friend my have blown his motor in the evo today. He said he downshifted into 4th to pass a car. Hit full boost, made loud backfire, and car shut down. He can start it up, but it just dies again in a few seconds. :( Were going to check it out tomorrow and see what we can find out.