Watch out for Columbus highway patrol cop on I-71

Ratzo

I wanted to reaffirm to everyone that the cop was courteous, my problem is just why is he pulling riders over license plate bullshit. You know if you can't see the plate that's one thing, but if its not in the exact factory setting place then that's bull. If you're driving reckless then you get what you deserve, but giving a rider $100 dollar ticket for a license plate is crap. I also think that he's extremely confident in his pursuit driving so much so that he has an inclination that he actually wants riders to try to flee from him. Sort of like in the movie "The Chase" with Charlie Sheen. When Henri Rollins is a cop and he's explaining how he's going to take the criminals down!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think that he's extremely confident in his pursuit driving so much so that he has an inclination that he actually wants riders to try to flee from him. Sort of like in the movie "The Chase" with Charlie Sheen. When Henri Rollins is a cop and he's explaining how he's going to take the criminals down!

From reading the accounts of the other riders pulled over by him, I think you're correct, which upsets me. I would hate to see something on the news similar to what just happened in Maryland due to his agression of "catching" a biker who is "running" from him.

As for the plate issue, we all know that when the plate is put in front of your rear wheel that you're pushing the limits of interpretation of the law, and that you're putting yourself at risk of being harassed and possibly ticketed for it. This should not come as a suprise.

same guy pulled me over last year going to quaker steak bike night, pulled me over right as I got off of 71, didnt have enough time to even try to look at my plate, says columbus is really cracking down on bike violations, yada yada, marker lights, illegaly mounted tags, exhaust too loud, no reflectors, i dont give warnings but get this fixed... If someone does get his badge number, he is obviously being prejudice against riders, if enough complaints are lodged, nothing will happen but we could do it anyway.

I know EXACTLY who you're talking about. I have even told this guy that he's being a prick, especially being a fellow rider. I told him I always give bikes a break unless they're doing something insanely stupid, or near kids. I've been a cop since 2002 and not once have I written a ticket for a biker.

I have been riding off and on for 30 plus years. I think the dumbest and most deadly thing I see going on today it the "Weekend Hot Shots/Dare Devils†doing stunts like riding the back wheel or shooting gaps on a freeway. I enjoy being in town or on the freeway and hearing the sound of several riders throttling up in a group. Makes ones heart race I'll tell you, but when you have ten to twenty bikes and some jerk is going to show everyone his stunts well he is endangering himself and others around him. Bikers do not have to die in proportion to the numbers they can survive in proportion to their abilities and good sense. In fact anybody that is impressed by a street riding dare devil is as dumb as the rider. Also remember when you are out there showing off you are endangering your mothers child, your children’s parents and maybe just maybe if you are real lucky they will be able to push your wheel chair around instead of watching you die or live years as a vegetable when they could have been enjoying life with you. Riding is great and yes accidents happen but stupid is on purpose. Ride Safe Ride Long Anybody ever ask that cop how many kids he helped scape off the road?

I have been riding off and on for 30 plus years. I think the dumbest and most deadly thing I see going on today it the "Weekend Hot Shots/Dare Devils” doing stunts like riding the back wheel or shooting gaps on a freeway. I enjoy being in town or on the freeway and hearing the sound of several riders throttling up in a group. Makes ones heart race I'll tell you, but when you have ten to twenty bikes and some jerk is going to show everyone his stunts well he is endangering himself and others around him. Bikers do not have to die in proportion to the numbers they can survive in proportion to their abilities and good sense. In fact anybody that is impressed by a street riding dare devil is as dumb as the rider. Also remember when you are out there showing off you are endangering your mothers child, your children’s parents and maybe just maybe if you are real lucky they will be able to push your wheel chair around instead of watching you die or live years as a vegetable when they could have been enjoying life with you. Riding is great and yes accidents happen but stupid is on purpose. Ride Safe Ride Long Anybody ever ask that cop how many kids he helped scape off the road?

I believe there is a time and a place for everything. When we're riding around in a group just cruising around town, that is not the time to do freeway wheelies. A few weeks back I was riding with some guys. A dude in my lane next to me decided to stand it up. I'm sorry guys, but I hate that shit. If you want to do it, do it away from other riders and cars. Like I said, time and place. Next to me or anyone else isn't the time nor the place.

I have been riding off and on for 30 plus years. I think the dumbest and most deadly thing I see going on today it the "Weekend Hot Shots/Dare Devils†doing stunts like riding the back wheel or shooting gaps on a freeway. I enjoy being in town or on the freeway and hearing the sound of several riders throttling up in a group. Makes ones heart race I'll tell you, but when you have ten to twenty bikes and some jerk is going to show everyone his stunts well he is endangering himself and others around him. Bikers do not have to die in proportion to the numbers they can survive in proportion to their abilities and good sense. In fact anybody that is impressed by a street riding dare devil is as dumb as the rider. Also remember when you are out there showing off you are endangering your mothers child, your children’s parents and maybe just maybe if you are real lucky they will be able to push your wheel chair around instead of watching you die or live years as a vegetable when they could have been enjoying life with you. Riding is great and yes accidents happen but stupid is on purpose. Ride Safe Ride Long Anybody ever ask that cop how many kids he helped scape off the road?

why is this in this thread???? i read all the posts and it didnt seem to refer to anyone/thing in anyones p[osts....maybe i missed it....

I believe there is a time and a place for everything. When we're riding around in a group just cruising around town, that is not the time to do freeway wheelies. A few weeks back I was riding with some guys. A dude in my lane next to me decided to stand it up. I'm sorry guys, but I hate that shit. If you want to do it, do it away from other riders and cars. Like I said, time and place. Next to me or anyone else isn't the time nor the place.

well i kinda agree,,,I WOULD NOT do it cause of the skill level, but there are a handfull of guys around here (columbus, NOT this board, perhaps a TEAM around here) that do it all the time :) MM did it in the middle of the pack down High street last summer (right next too me at 30!!!!!!!........see next post below next quote....

It's not fun when you just motoring along and a bike goes zipping past you on 1 wheel.

how fast are you going at that moment? .....and ya know what any wheelie over 60 or 65 is a fucking squid that should hang the bike shit up before he kills someone!!!!!!! if you cant KEEP it slow dont bother!!!!!! get one up at 50 and KEEP it at 50.....actually me and my dudes that like to fuck off are the slowest riders in this city, we get passed by all of you all the time, and boy does it mess with the cops when they see all the cars whissing by the crotch roakets!!!!!!

BIG SPROKETS SAVE LIVES!!!!!!!! lol lol