New PERSONAL best in the Firebird...

MrMeanGreen

Went to Edgewater today for their last Test n' Tune session of the year, fully expecting to get booted :D

Got there and made four passes! After getting my launches somewhat down, I ran my final pass (got booted for no cage).

11.051@125.29, 1.764 60'

I was pissed at the 60' because their track sucks, and the previous pass (after the big dogs ran), I cut a 1.64 60', but only ran a 11.3@123 because my foot slipped off of the pedal since the hard launch caught me off guard redface.gif I found if I nailed the brakes at the line and brought the RPMs up to 2000, it launched well. Anything above that blew the tires off. My last pass was a 2200 RPM launch.

Anyways, I'm not done yet. This car has 10s in it, and I'm planning on Dragway 42 next weekend just for that. Anyone is welcome to attend too.

And for the naysayers, this is with me driving. No one else touched the car, I just needed some practice smile.gif

BTW, Edgewater doubles as a friggin airfield. They have airplanes and a windsock along the track lanes. Just found that really strange.

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

#1 on the list by .009

The list needs updated, my dads 95 stang went 10.87@128, he posts on here too. :D;)

Congrats Anthony! Its about time you got that hog moving.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty pleased myself.

Rob, I'm relishing my #1 for the moment. Don needs to post in the thread for the list tongue.gif:D

BTW, I ran into a Dedpedal guy down there. Didn't catch his name, but he drives a red foxbody. Said he knew you and Don pretty well.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by The Vette:

Had a lady friend ;) that needed to go to the pharmacy to get some pills to correct a accident.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but that's hilarious.

Originally posted by PMTA:

BTW, I ran into a Dedpedal guy down there. Didn't catch his name, but he drives a red foxbody. Said he knew you and Don pretty well.

You met Jeff! Jeff is the shit, he has a solid roller 347 street car that goes easy 10's on motor and god knows what on spray. Dedpedals > *. His tach is duct taped to the dash.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Assured Risk:

What day are you all going to 42? And where on 42 is it?

In Medina, OH. It's much closer to Cleveland than C-bus.

And someone enlighten me: what's a dedpedal?

street car plus a cage = the suck graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

good times but if your not going to build a full on race car why fuck with a cage it makes it hard to get in and out a bitch to carry passengers and it has to add 200lbs or better to the car.

I under stand needing the cage to meet rule requirements but if your not going to run some kind of sportsman class and race every weekend why bother?