New PERSONAL best in the Firebird...

MrMeanGreen

Originally posted by Gas, Grass, or Ass:

I under stand needing the cage to meet rule requirements but if your not going to run some kind of sportsman class and race every weekend why bother?

So you dont Die, especially in a spirited freeway run or something of the sort. A 150 mph crash is pretty much assumed fatal unless you have one. I, personally, like being alive.

Originally posted by Gas, Grass, or Ass:

street car plus a cage = the suck graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

good times but if your not going to build a full on race car why fuck with a cage it makes it hard to get in and out a bitch to carry passengers and it has to add 200lbs or better to the car.

I under stand needing the cage to meet rule requirements but if your not going to run some kind of sportsman class and race every weekend why bother?

- Safety....when going that fast, it is just good sense

- Not enjoying getting kicked out of track after track. Or being banned from running all together

- My suggestion w/ a 5-point w/ removable side bar still allows for a pretty streetable setup. The worst part of it is no back seat use (mine has been gone for years, as it is worthless anyway), and you can't ghetto lean your seat (I still have enough incline on my seat to be plenty comfortable)

- Weight.....200lbs on a 5 or 6 point cage....hardly. Mine is mild steel, and I'd estimate it was around 120-140lbs total, and is a 6-point unit w/ fixed side bars. A Chrome Moly cage will take a huge chunk of that off.

There are plenty of caged street cars out there, including a few daily drivers. I daily drove my car w/ the cage for a while, though the side bars do get annoying very quickly.