Modern day Muscle Car War

tandm

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0406/13/b01-182007.htm

The LS2 is going into the GTO.

Rumor has it Chevy is bringing back the Camaro.

The 2006 Z06 will sport a 427.

I'm sure Ford has plenty up their sleeves for the new Mustang.

Looks like we may be at the beginning of a rebirth here. I can only hope I'm right :cool:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shit has got to stop. Do you really want daddy to buy his highschool sophmore a ~400 HP charger, or worse yet, a ~500 HP C-6 or Cobra?

The masses do not need access to this kind of horsepower. If someone wants a powerful car, they need to build it. If you build it, chances are you'll respect it.

People are going to start dying and either insurance companies or the fedaral government is going to step in and put a stop to the HP race.

Originally posted by DropTop:

This shit has got to stop. Do you really want daddy to buy his highschool sophmore a ~400 HP charger, or worse yet, a ~500 HP C-6 or Cobra?

The masses do not need access to this kind of horsepower. If someone wants a powerful car, they need to build it. If you build it, chances are you'll respect it.

People are going to start dying and either insurance companies or the fedaral government is going to step in and put a stop to the HP race.

There will be morons along the way, but nothing catastrophic like you're predicting tongue.gif

Well put. +1

Guest h8tcivics
I get 13 city and 22 higway in the GP, and 27-34 city and over 40 higway in the nissan. GM is always going to be ontop. you gotta hand it to ford...they always circle the problem.

the camaro gets about a tank of gas a year...

and who said chevy's horsepower cars can't have good gas mileage :cool:

of course, I only drive it a few miles a year since my dumbass always breaks something. tongue.gif

this of course is changing this year smile.gif:cool:

I think today's cars, including suspensions, tires, safety regulations, etc, make having a car with high HP numbers much safer today than during the last muscle car war.