any idea what it might cost to build this

Dave1647545494

Were you planning on selling your body ( to science i mean, i doubt you'd make much on the street) to finance this car? :D The engine alone sounds expensive, but I couldn't come close to giving you a number. I'm sure there are several items you could skip/replace in order to lower the cost. Go with cheaper rims, and a cutout instead of a full aftermarket exhaust.

the zl1 in my link is a one off 4th gen project with a 572 donovan big block in it. I'm 100% sure bob mcdorman doesn't own it. I thought it might be fun to build a copy sometime becuase the article gives part numbers for all the off the shelf stuff and specify's where they had to fabricate things.

what i did find is that scince the article has been published I can now purchase a prefabbeb tubular k-member made for a bbc so it cuts down on fab time there are also off the shelf headers and fuel injecton systems availiable cutting down some on the cost.

the ad is gone...

it was selling for 120k but it can't cost near that to build it.

yes I'm aware that the LS series of engines are more than capable of making that kind of power but theres just something about a big block that makes it cool.

I do have that old third gen still hmmm......

i am taking everything from lingenfelter because they are the most expesive that way you will have a better idea of what it is going to cost

not everything is the same but similar

427 c5-r motor 26,000 (base) 550+ rwhp depending on options (not a 572)

LPE HD 3.5" aluminum driveshaft $299.95

Fast composite intake manifold $874.00

90 mm throttle body $499.95

then you have at least 2,500 in suspension work

clutch 1800

rearend 2400

fuel system 800

wheels and tires 3000

brembos 3000

other misc stuff 1000

add to the list whatever but that will give you some what of an idea if you want a big block around 40 grand in parts not including labor. there are other much cheaper ways to make power but you wanted some big block numbers.

the 427 price does include all labor,tunning, a borla exhaust and lid