Got my new car....thanks guys!

Bam

Picked up my ride last night. I was swaying back and forth between about 4 cars, but decided on this one.

2000 VW Jetta GLX, Dark Canyon Red with tan leather, heated/power seats, power everything, moonroof, monsoon, 16's, etc etc. 2.8L VR6, 5spd. Has 47k miles on it, and runs strong, I'm sure it will do me good for the next few years til I hit 100k or so.

Pics in a few hours. I just love driving this thing, its sooo smooth.

Thanks guys for helping out in my other post, it was a long week.

I can not believe you bought a car from Richart!!!! DUDE..... I talked to Derek last night he said the struts were f*ed on the car. Well I guess you are going to fix that yourself. I still have my stock springs from my gti. If you want them I will sell them to you for $50. They were only on the car for a month before I put the sport springs on my car. Call my cell and let me know. I'm leaving Sunday for a month so let me know if you want them asap.

My parents bought a Jetta from Richart once. Never in my life have I seen such an expensive piece of shit. Richart is absolutely a rip-off and their service after the sale is nill.

Review all of the charges carefully, I believe there was a class action suit against Richart for adding a theft BS fee to every car sold without the buyer's permission.

Beyond Richart the car was a POS. It burned an assload of oil and had major electrical problems for starters.

I would never recommend Richart to anyone (not even an enemy) and I would never recommend a Jetta to anyone either.

Congrats, and good luck with the new car :D;)

Guest timmybgood

jettas are nice cars and i liked mine

i however didn't like how everything kept breaking on it and parts cost a shitload.

at 50,230 miles my 5th gear for no apparent reason exploded. warranty ended at 50k, i was out of luck.

The struts aren't fucked first of all meagan. It's the upper mounts, which is no biggie, they are $15 a side, and I've done them before.

Second, I do know of the BS charge you guys are talking about that Ricart does, but that applies to financing. I paid cash for this and got no extra fees.

Next, I paid well under retail of the car, I paid 11k for it and it retails for $14,400 roughly.

I didn't purchase any extended warranties or whatnot thru Ricart and if I do get one at all, it will probably be thru VW CPO programs.

Other than that, I love the car, it rides so smooth and is hella quiet. I'm still trying to figure out how to program my power seats, but other than that and finding a CD changer for it, I'm very pleased.

This is my 3rd VR6, 1st mk4, but I already love the combo.

Thanks guys for props on the car, and I know Ricart = *** suck, but I can't pass on a good deal.

As for mods, probably slim to none, I just blew my wad for the car, and I've got a kid on the way and am engaged. But I will definitely drop it with some 18's this summer. I'd love to SC it but ehhh, at $4k plus I doubt it.

Pics as soon as I clean it up, the red is a sweet color, I love it.

Later

Matt

Awwww Matt damn it! I just sold my cd changer on ebay......gaud your timing sucks. well anyway i have a converter you will need for any cd changer you buy. (vw has a special one) you can have it and some power wires for speakers. These are a freebie to you b/c I know your going to let me drive it....right. call me:)

you could have picked up any car you want for under 30K you have a kid coming.... so you bought a 4 door golf with an n/a v/6? you could have gotten a much roomier car with a much much more powerfull engine for the same price. oh well so people can't think outside the econobox....

edit-

oh shit and you bought used from ricart ford how the hell did i miss that... better check for sawdust in the engine and transmission and duct tape everywhere else... you so have a 99% chance that you've been screwed... good luck graemlins/nonono.gif

Originally posted by Innocuous:

Review all of the charges carefully, I believe there was a class action suit against Richart for adding a theft BS fee to every car sold without the buyer's permission.

That's true. My parents ended up getting some money back due to it.

^^^haha, yep, DEFINITELY got full coverage on this one. The difference between this car and the focus is, If i would have paid full coverage on the focus for one year, I would have paid its value in insurance. But this Jetta is worth about 15k, so at $3500/year for insurance, i won't break even for a few years, which is nice. Plus VW's hold resale longer.

We did go over the charges VERY carefully, and there is no way for them to sneak them in later because we paid for the car in FULL, there is no loan on the car. But thanks for the heads up.

Dave....thanks for the laugh last night. This car hardly qualifies as an 'econobox' when it runs 25k+ new. But yes, I couldn't gotten something much larger/more powerful etc etc, but I don't need a bigger car, we're having ONE kid, not triplets, lol, and anymore of a car gives the woman more chances to hit something. And the car isn't fast by any means, but it goes. I don't like carks and malibu's and I didn't want a 30k car loan, so that's why I bought something I liked in my price range. Anyways, I'll see you tonight.

Guest stvbreal
Ricart isn't all bad. Granted it was new not used, they were the first ones to get the Evo in Ohio and sold it to me at a decent price. None of this rediculous markup crap. But their service definitely sucks. Hell, I took my car there for an oil change. I just wanted to bring them some business. They scratched my rocker panel and almost put the wrong oil in.

If you have any negotiating skills at all Ricart isn't bad. But if you're dumb and/or don't pay attention - sure they'll bilk you. And so will every other dealer on planet earth.

I bought a 94 Mustang GT from them new in 93, granted I didn't finance with them, I just paid for it, but they beat every other dealer in town on the same car (Graham, Krieger, etc).

Now as for going to them for service or financing... thats a different story and I can't speak to that. (but I wouldn't go)

Guest slobird

At least you diddnt get it from keim ford they completely screwed me on my "new" Tbird, they threw in some shitty 50/50 warranty for 30 days and 1000 mi. the last day of the "warranty" my lower intake manifold cracked and sprayed coolant all over my engine, $400 later its fixed but i havent even made my first payment yet... Oh and they diddnt honor their warranty because i went over 1000 mi in tow to get to keim ford...

I HATE THEM THEY SUCK ASS AND NO ONE, NO ONE should ever buy a car from them.... but ricart aint much better...

-Grinch