What is Yamaha thinking?

excell

Why in the hell is the FZ1 carbureted?! I can't seem to find any logic in why they choose to use an antiquated system, especially when all of their competition is EFI and has been for several years.

In my opinion, it doesn't even allow that bike to be in the same league as other naked liter bikes. I was looking at this bike in competition to the Kawasaki Z1000 and the Honda 919 until I saw this. graemlins/nonono.gif

Doug was partially correct, I have an 02 FZ1. I have noticed that my fizzy seems to perform BETTER than most of the other super standards, and the purchase cost/maintinance costs are lower as well. You dont buy a bike for the numbers, as they are all about the same. You basically buy a bike based on how well it will meet your REAL WORLD riding habits, how comfortable it is to you, and looks. For me the FZ1 fot my bill the best, and I have not looked back since. It is hard to justify a payment in this shitty weather though :(