Lowering your car

Shinobi

Question:

What parts do you need to put on to properly lower your car? I have an 04 Sonata that I just put 17' rims on. Eibach springs are quoted to lower the car about 1.2'. I didn't know if I need to do different struts or coilovers or anything in addition to the springs.

Also- where is a good place to get the springs installed?

Any info is appreicated - links to sites to read on will also work. smile.gif

Thanks!

- Shinobi

Guest ImprezaWRX
All you need is the srpings. Eibachs are very good ones. You can do the job yourself in only an hour or 2 tops. I have done several cars myself.

Gotcha. I don't have the space to do the work myself, or the tools. I will have to go somewhere to get it done. I might try that import place. Anyone know of somewhere else that could do it?

- Shinobi

Thanks for the responses. I am still in the process of looking at coilovers for my car. I can only find one vendor so far, and the price is 1100 bucks. Plus 2-3 months for shipping as they are based in Korea.

Nope I don't play Warcraft. I use to play starcraft if that is any consolation. smile.gif

Can I buy different struts to go with the new springs, but not buy coilovers? Is that possible?

Thanks!!

- Shinobi

i never used spring compressors wheni lowered my mirage. just unscrewed them slowly. i did however use some vice grips once to slightly compress, but it's not really needed.

You should be able to find some aftermarket struts to go with your springs. I just lowered the Sausage with new struts and springs. Air tools are a definate help. I would look for new endlinks for your sway bars just in case you have to cut them off.

*IF* you do it yourself, be safe use a spring compressor and give yourself up to 8 hours if you have not attempted anything like this before. It can be very time consuming if something goes wrong.

I haven't aligned my car yet but I haven't had any odd tire wear, yet. I will be in soon to have that done however.