Looking for a bike

JaSSon

I will be buying a bike before the end of June. Anyone know anyone selling something decent? Of course I'll also begin checking the usual classifieds shortly. I'm looking for something with a medium ammount of displacement (ie 600-900cc). I'm also going to limit my spending to $5K at the absolute highest since this will be my first bike and will probablly go down at least once.

Anyone selling or have a friend of a friend selling?

www.integritycycles.com

Click on the "click here" link and it'll take you to all of their cycle trader ads. They seem to carry some nice used bikes with good prices.. Some even come pre-dropped! smile.gif You can also go visit their showroom to see what they have.. They carry a LOT of bikes of all kinds.

Droptop,

check out that Nighthawk 250 that firebirdgt in the Corral is selling. A newer 600 is too much bike for a beginner. I won't even mention a 900. I'll admit, I started on a 93 CBR600, but that bike was NOTHING compared to 2000+ year 600s. After having been out of bikes for 5 years, then buying my ZX-9, I can tell you what a shock this bike is. It's not broken in (not even 100 miles on it), and I haven't had it much above 6000 RPMs, but it just seems like it wants to pull and pull. I can't wait until it is broken in, but at the same time I'm cautious about it. In first and 2nd gear, it seems like I could pull the front up very easily just rolling into the throttle hard.

A 250 is a great beginners bike - it's light as and not so powerful as to overwhelm you, and really allows you to concentrate on LEARNING to ride correctly instead of learning to ride while hanging on or dear life.

If you feel like you must have a 600, you could also go with an early/mid 90's 600 - they're going for pretty cheap and still have PLENTY of power to get you into trouble.

You can turn around and sell it in a year.

Originally posted by 151:

It's time for another F1, Josh... I Miss that fucking thing like crazy... In all honesty, I would rather ride on of those than a newer bike...

Maybe its just a Honda thing... Cause even though my 954 is almost the slowest of all liter bikes. I wouldnt trade it for the fastest bike on earth. smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...