Today is a sad day, the 86 must go :( UPDATE WITH LINK

Guest sphen02

Guest sphen02

Later today, I will be putting the 86 up for sale on Ebay, I'll post a link a little bit later. But I will tell you right now I probably wouldn't sell this car to a friend. It's been too much of a hassle financially. So if i don't like you bid away :D . hehe. No but really, the car has over 204 thousand miles on it. Last summer I replaced the water pump, thermostat, all the belts timing included. This year over my spring break, I replaced the brakes up front. Its got rebuilt calipers on it, new rotors and new pads. The clutch in the car is a little over a year old. It doesnt have many miles on it because the car sat alot over last summer while i was doing the work on it. And then it sat this winter because the cold start valve is going out and it drained the battery trying to start. For the most part, alot of things have been fixed and are really in rather decent condition. Other than the body, which is in pretty bad shape if you've ever seen it. It needs new shocks up front, I was in an accident when I was in high school, back before i did my own work, but the guy bent my front right wheel in, and everything that was replaced in there has messed up since then. But Ive fixed all of it minus the shock absorber, the dumbasses put in the wrong length shock. Its longer than all the rest so the tires rub. And the tires on the wheels that are going with the car rub pretty damn bad when you turn right. But for about 300 dollars(atleast thats what I want out of them) more I'm selling a set of 240zx wheels. They're aluminum, and have Yokohama AVS 100 tires on them. The one on the front right has some slives into the tread from the rubbing issue. But the tires dont have much more than maybe 5-600 miles on them. I got them last summer, and the car has sat alot since then. And somehow the weld on the flange for the catalytic converter to bolt to on the exhaust manifold broke off I've tried a few different things to fix it, but I dont have a welder. None of them have worked so far. But if you drive it nicely and dont rev it up too high it stays on. when it pops off it can be slid right back on. The car also only has one setting for the head lights, which is really fucking bright. because again, the car was fixed long ago before I worked on cars, and they said something about how itd cost like 400 bux to fix it the right way, and they could just take out the brights option and it would only be so much, I dont remember how much but it was cheap. I just put new headlights in it, and theyre ridiculously bright. The interior of the car was bastardized by a tragic rice phase, still tryin to get all the damn white paint off. the seats however reamin in excellent condition (for their age) Its got a pioneer Head unit in it and pioneer speakers all around. It could use an amplifier and prolly some better speaker wire tho. The powersteering is also starting to go, I dont know if its the rack or just the pump. Thats a helluva lot more descriptive than Im gonna get on ebay. So if you're interested later today, Im going to post the link to the auction. Thanks guys.

[ 24. June 2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: boro hachi ]

Guest sphen02
then what the fuck do you suggest I do jesse? I have to get rid of the car. plain and simple its gotta go. I cant afford insurance on two cars, and I have no place to put the 86. I cant afford to keep that car around during college. Its too much of a hassle. And with an internship coming up next year I wont be home where I can readily borrow someone elses car. It sucks but this is the right decision to make. With all the money I've invested in keeping that car running do you really think I want to sell it? But I need something more reliable, simple as that. And I really couldn't say no to a car that just cracked over 47000 miles last night, for 600 bux. simple as that. the cars gotta go in a relatively short time frame. Cus people in dublin get pissy. If a car sits out infront long enough I'm gonna start gettin ticketed for it, I'm not too thrilled about that either. You can bitch and moan about this all you want. Its the decision I had to make. it fucking sucks. it really really fucking sucks, but I had to make it. so dont be a jackass about this, its not something i want to do, its something i have to do.

Guest sphen02
Originally posted by Skinner.:

is it a rwd car????

i cant believe someone actually asked this question....but yes its a rwd car. i dont have a link yet, cus i got lazy last night. And im gonna take pix today. i should have all that fun stuff up today.

Guest visualpoet
Originally posted by Mud Butt:

put it on club 4ag, Just it being a gts, reguardless of condition makes it worth like $2500 to those dipshits...

I quit going to club4ag, too many ass-munches there, but they do like the AE86! I wish I had some extra cash, I'd take it off your hands.

Guest sphen02
Originally posted by Mud Butt:

put it on club 4ag, Just it being a gts, reguardless of condition makes it worth like $2500 to those dipshits...

excellent point :D hehe I will do that later. I took pictures today I was hoping to have it up on egay by tonight, but my aunts retarded and doesnt have the software to upload the pix off her digicam on the computer, so that has to be dealt with tomorrow but I'm almost certain it'll be up tomorrow.

Guest sphen02
my aunts being uber gay about this whole thing. should be getting the pix off the camera tomorrow if not ima take some more pix and ill put those up.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sphen02

well ok this is like what 10 days after i said itd be up. well its up now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2483038471

sorry it took so long, i was talkin to a friend of mine about him buying it and him sellin it back to me when I graduate....but alas no luck with that whole thing. theres the link reserve is set at 500. Thanx for looking.