Ride today and next sunday 6/29

playerpro153

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got him nick lol

someone correct me if im wrong and i am by no means an expert at this but: for example the FZ6 rider (sorry if your a member), just looks like he's moving his butt over, his head still looks centered over the bike. isn't the correct form supposed to be the entire upper body shifted over and your head trying to "kiss the mirror" looking through the turn?

im sure if someone followed me i would look similar but im working on it...

Haha, that's a funny comment on there.

I believe you're right about the 'kiss the mirror' bit though Nate...I try and practice that when I ride.

The guy right in front of me is on an R6, and the guy leading is on an FZ6.

Eric on the R6 somehow drags his knees all over 10 and 22. It's pretty gnarly. The past three Sunday's he went through a set of pucks!!

I didn't touch my knee once in that video...

yeah, I noticed that too. He was riding an R6, but yes he centered his upper body with the center of the bike through the ride. Wasn't too big a deal there, but on the track he could have leaned off the bike a little more with upper body.

FYI: People ride this every weekend so just shout out when you guys wanna go. I'll be there again in 2 weeks.

got him nick lol

someone correct me if im wrong and i am by no means an expert at this but: for example the FZ6 rider (sorry if your a member), just looks like he's moving his butt over, his head still looks centered over the bike. isn't the correct form supposed to be the entire upper body shifted over and your head trying to "kiss the mirror" looking through the turn?

I always make sure I got my head out with my body like I'm kissing the mirror. I was told to do that at my trackday and also I read it I think in the Twist of the Wrist II book. I feel that corner speed goes up when you kiss the mirror like that. Just my $.02 and how I like to ride. I feel the difference most on a LONG sweeper, slow or fast. The tight short turns, I don't notice much of a difference though.

^yea thats what i thought, i tried it a lot on our last ride here. i felt i was pretty good but i didn't have anyone to compare too since i was the lead guy so not sure how good i was doing or not.

i think the reason he went through so many pucks was because he was forcing the knee to the ground? maybe?? i know that with my kiss the mirror technique my knee's aren't as close to the ground but my corner speed has gone up noticeably

and didn't realize it was a newer R6 now that i looked at it again it sure is an R6 im just used to my bike :)